Chapter 5

A Few Days Later....

Location: Anika's apartment

Piya stood infront of the apartment door, both nervous and excited that she was about to meet her Mom.

"Okay Piya...the moment this door opens, you will be Kavya. So pls try to control your emotions." Gia reminded her. The next moment the door opened  and Anika stood smiling at who she thought was Kavya.

"Kavu...you're early, I thought you wouldn-" She got cut off as Piya jumped onto her. Surpised, Anika hugged her back until she felt her shirt get wet. "Bacha....are you crying?"

"Maar gayi...this is Piya controlling her emotions?" Gia thought to herself, as she hoped that Anika didnt think anything was wrong.

"Woh...no...I just mi...missed you." Piya wiped you.

"I missed you too. Its the first time we were apart na?" 

Piya nodded.

"Acha come inside...you too Gia." Anika brought the girls inside. Piya looked around and saw a wall that was filled with photos of Anika, Kavya & Sahil from over the years. One particular picture stood out to Piya. To anyone else is was just a mother taking a selfie with her baby but Piya recognized Oberoi Mansion in the background and it didnt take long for her to realize that this was prob the last picture Anika took before leaving...her way of saying goodbye to Piya.

"Kavya?" 

Piya turned around and saw a tall man standing behind her. From the picture Kavya showed her, Piya knew that this was Sahil. 

"Hi Sahil Mama." Piya smiled and hugged him. Unfortunately, neither Piya or even Gia realized at that moment, but Piya made a mistake.....and it did not escape Sahil's notice.

"Sahil Mama? Kavu never calls me Sahil Mama, she always calls me Mamu...."

"How was your trip?" Sahil asked.

"It was fun...I just missed everyone here." Piya replied.

"We missed you too Kavu." Simran came into the room with Anika, who had gone to get food from the kitchen.

"Here...you two girls must be hungry na?" Anika placed two plates down.

"Oh yes! Thanks so much Aunty!" Gia took a plate and startes shoving the food down her throat. 

"Mumma? Can you feed me pls?" Piya asked softly. Anika thought her daughter was acting differently but let it go thinking she just missed her but Sahil was already suspicious.

"Of course I can." Anika smiled and after taking a piece of roti and sabji, she reached forwards to feed Piya. Piya opened her mouth and watched her mom emotionally. When she was done, Piya lay her head down on Anika's lap, holding on to her tightly. Startles, Anika stroked Piya's hair. "Arre...feeling lots of love for your Ma today huh?"

Anika leaned forward and gave a kiss on Piya's forehead...pausing slightly when she suddenly had a strange feeling. Like the person she just kissed was a different person...but yet still someone close to her heart. But again, Anika just shook the feeling away.

***************

Location: Oberoi Mansion

"Eeeeek. Im so excited!" Kavya squealed as she & Isha pulled up to Oberoi Mansion in Isha's car.

"Ok but tone down the excitement. Piya isnt as hyper as you and remember to hug everyone...thats what Piya would do." Isha said.

"Yeahhhh....im not much of a hugger."