Chapter 22

Piya came home after spending time with Viraj and found Anika sitting on the couch with a stern look.

"Ma...what happened?" Piya asked. Anika got up and walked up to her. 

"Who are you?" Anika asked shocking Piya.

"Ma...what...what do...you..you..m..mean? Im...K.K...Kavya." Piya loooked around as she lied. Anika took her hand and moved Piya's chin so she was looking right at Anika.

"Look me in the eyes and say that to me." Anika demanded. "Dont stammer, dont hesitate....just tell me."

"M..Ma...I.." Piya gulped. She didnt know what to say. Anika placed Piya's hand on her head.

"Tell me the truth....tum Kavya nahi ho na?" Anika got emotional. "You...you are....Piya, hai na?"

"Main..." Piya took her hand back and started crying, unable to lie to her Mom's face. "Haan....yes, Im Piya.....Im not Kavya...Im Piya."

"I knew it...I knew something was off. I just knew it." Anika sobbed. She held Piya's face and started kissing her all over. "Meri Piya...meri bachi...Its you. Its really you."

"Mumma....Im sorry for lying. Im sorry...." Piya apologized. Anika shook her head and kissed Piya's forehead. 

"Its okay...I know my daughters. This must have been Kavya's plan na? Only she can come up with such crazy, filmy ideas."

Piya nodded slowly. Anika chuckled and hugged Piya tightly.  Sahil & Simran who saw the whole thing stood to the side. Of course Sahil already knew but Simran was shocked to know that this was Piya not Kavya.

Piya sat down and told Anika everything. She told her about Nidhi and Kadambadi and everything they had done to her. With each word, Anika was getting more and more furious.

Meanwhile, Kavya was devasted. She tried to call Aryan multiple times but he wouldnt pick up, she tried leaving texts but they were all left unread. Finally she returned home to find her family all tied to chairs and their mouths taped shut.

"Mnnm!"

"Papa...Yeh sab...who did this?" Kavya ran towards Shivaay but was grabbed by the arm roughly. She looked back and saw Nidhi. "Nidhi? You...you did this? How dare you!"

Kavya swung her hand to slap Nidhi but Nidhi stopped her. "Dont even think about it....Kavya."

Kavya gasped and looked towards the Oberois. Aside from Gauri, everyone had an emotional look to them. Nidhi smirked evilly.

"Kya hua? Shocked?" Nidhi threw Kavya onto the floor. "Yes...I know who you really are. I even saved you the trouble of telling everyone. Im so sweet na?"

"You told Aryan...." Kavya realized.

"Ding ding ding! Correct." Nidhi said. "You separated me from my love...you threw me and my mother out of this house. Im not going to leave you so easily."

"MNN!" Shivaay struggled to get loose as he shouted at Nidhi. "NMMM!"

"Oh dont worry baby....at least this time you will be with your child in her last moments." Nidhi took out a gun and pointed it at Kavya's head. "Say goodbye..."

Everyone started panicking and struggling to get loose but they were tied down too tightly. Kavya didnt know what to do, the gun was pointed right at her. She closed her eyes, just as Nidhi was about to press the trigger....a long stick hit her hand making her drop the gun and yell out in pain. "AAH!"

"HOW DARE YOU!" Nidhi was shocked to see Anika, her eyed burning with rage. Behind her stood Piya who ran to Kavya and helped her up.

"A..A..Ani...k..Ka.." Nidhi stammered. Anika swung the stick and hit Nidhi  again. "AAH!"

"YOU B*TCH! YOU KILLED MY SON! YOU TORTURED MY DAUGHTER! I TRUSTED YOU NIDHI! DOST THI TUM MERI!" Anika yelled, smacking Nidhi with each word. "I WILL KILL YOU! CHODUNGI NAHI MAIN TUMHE!"

Kavya was just too stunned to speak and the rest of the family was also very surprised to see Anika. Piya went over to her family and started untying them.

"Piya?"

"Hi Papa." Piya whispered. Shivaay hugged Piya and then went over to Kavya who was standing to the side with her head down. He lifted her head up with his hand looked at her with tears in his eyes. 

"Im sorry...aap naraz ho?" Kavya asked. Shivaay smiled and shook his head.

"No...of course not." Shivaay replied, hugging her and kissed her on the forehead. "I cant believe I didnt recognize my own daughter."

"AAH! ANIKA STOP! PLS STOP! IM SORRY! IM SORRY MAT MAARO!" Nidhi yelled out in pain. Anika stopped and held out her phone.

"Confess." Anika demanded. Nidhi stayed silent. "Confess or else...."

As Anika raised the stick again, Nidhi held up her arms to block herself. "No No No! I'll confess...I'll confess!"

Anika clicked the record button and nodded to Nidhi.

"I...I Killed Ansh years ago. I planned for him to be hit by the car. I wanted Shivaay and i wanted to separate you two...so I killed Ansh and then I blackmailed Shivaay into leaving you. I blackmailed the whole family by threatening to kill you!" Nidhi confessed.

"And Piya....confess what you did to my daughter!" Anika yelled. Nidhi flinched back and nodded.

"I...I tortured her. Ever since she was a toddler I used to torture her. I instilled fear in her and everyone else so that nobody would ever go against me."

"And who helped you with all this?"  Anika asked.

Nidhi didnt want to expose her mother. "No one...it was just me."

Anika swung the stick at her and smack her arm. "AAH! No stop stop! It was my mom! My mom supported me!"

"Sahil!" Anika called out, dropping the stick. Nishi looked to the front doors to see Sahil enter with the police. "Inspector...you heard her right? I even have her confession recorded...here."

The inspector took the recording and had a lady officer handcuff Nidhi. "NO! This cant be happening....NO! Shivaay sirf mera hai...he is mine! You cant win! Nidhi Das NEVER loses! Chodo mujhe! Leave me!"

She was dragged away by the police and Kavya & Piya ran to Anika. "Ma...."

Anika hugged them both. "Kavu...you're fine na? She didnt hurt you right?"

"Im fine Ma...I was just caught by surprise varna...you know nobody can hurt me easily." Kavya assured her.

"Anika bhabhi!" Om & Rudra came over and hugged Anika. 

"Wow bhabhi...what an entrance." Om cheered. "You really thought her a good lesson!"

"Haan....thats why you are my superbhabhi!" Rudra added. Anika smiled and met with the family after so many years. Everyone was happy and reunited except for two people. Shivaay was still upset as Anika was ignoring him and Kavya was upset because of Aryan. However everyone was so busy catching up with Anika and hugging Kavya that nobody realized they were upset about something. Only Piya could tell from Kavya's face that she was sad.

------------------------------

Note: ...And its the of Nidhi! I didnt want to drag the Nidhi track too much so she got caught now. I also wanted Shivaay & Anika together...yes Anika is still angry but she will forgive him soon. Meanwhile....Aryan is still upset with Kavya. Let me know in the comments what you thought of this chapter.