Chapter 13

"So whats the deal?" Aryan sat in his car, looking at Kavya who was looking everywhere but at him.

"What....what do you mean?" 

"This fake injury....why are you lying to everyone?"

"Who said Im lying?" Kavya replied.

"You did! You accepted in the mall that you are faking this injury." Aryan exclaimed.

"Really? I dont remember specifically saying that I am faking the injury. I said what I do with my arm is none of your business....which I only said to get you to stop questioning me."

"You caught a mannequin with your arm." 

"That was the other arm." Kavya lied.

"What...no, I saw you. It was this arm."

"Well you saw wrong. It was the other arm." 

"It was this arm." Aryan argued.

"The other arm."

"This one!"

"The other one!"

"This...you know what, forget it. Look Piya if you dont want to marry me then just say that."

"What do I do? I cant break this marriage cause Piya is supposed to marry you and I cant tell you the truth....Ill just have to pretend I want this marriage and then find a way to stay far away from you." Kavya thought to herself. "Its nothing like that...I just dont know you very well so its awkward."

"Are you sure?" Aryan asked, looking at her suspisciously.

"Yeah, now lets go have....gol gappe!" Kavya exclaimed seeing her favourite gol gappa stall on the otherside of of the street, opposite to the ice cream parlour.

"But...we came for ice cream." Aryan said.

"Then you go have ice cream. I will go have gol gappe!" Kavya squealed and jumped out of the car. Aryan stared at her surprised.

"Acha listen...when we go there. Take Piya out for ice cream....Shivaay said thats her favourite." Aryan remembered what his Dad told him just before they came.

"Dad said Ice cream is her favourite...but she doesnt seem interested....thats weird." 

As he got to the gol gappa stall, Kavya was already on her second round of gol gappas.

"O ood!" Kavya mumbled with her mouth stuffed. 

"Have some." Kavya said once she finished. 

"Umm, okay I guess." Aryan shrugged.

"Bhaiyya, one more plate for him please. My kind." Kavya told the guy who was making the gol gappas.

"Your kind? Whats that mean."

"Have it...you'll find out." Kavya smirked. Aryan took the plate and put one gol gappa in his mouth. As soon as he took a bite his whole mouth was on fire. "MMMMMMMN!"

Kavya laughed hard as Aryan jumped around trying to fan his mouth, water coming from his eyes.

"Pani! Pani!" He gasped as he finished his gol gappa. Kavya just laughed even more. "You...you have it so spicy? I think my tongue just got burned..."

Meanwhile Viraj & Piya also reached the same place but luckily didnt see Kavya yet. Just as Viraj & Piya were about to go to the gol gappa stall, Piya saw the ice cream parlour. "Viraj...lets go have ice cream instead na?"

"Ice cream? But...gol gappa is your favourite."

"Um...yeah but I feel like having ice cream today...please?" Piya pouted cutely.

"Okay....okay...lets go have ice cream." Viraj agreed and they entered the ice cream parlour.

"One butterscotch ice cream pls." Piya ordered, "And....Viraj, what will you have?"

"Kuch bhi...doesnt matter."

"Okay, please make that 2 butterscotch ice creams." Piya said.

"Something is really off with Kavya...Ive literally never heard her say pls so many times in one day...and since when does Kavya ignore gol gappe for ice cream?" Viraj stared at Piya as she enjoyed her ice cream.

Across the street, Kavya was laughing when she saw Piya & Viraj inside the ice cream parlour through the window....that quickly made Kavya stop laughing. "Phail gaya raita."

"What?" Aryan looked confused. "What...happened?"

"Im f*cking screwed is what happened." Kavya blurted out. Aryan's eyes widened as he never expected the Piya he always heard about to be cursing.

"WHAT?"

"I...I..I mean, Im full....let go home now." Kavya changed the subject and quickly pulled Aryan to the car. 

"Wait...my mouth is still on fire. Im gonna get some ice cream." Aryan announced and started walking towards the ice cream parlour.

"Wha..I..No..mar gayi..." Kavya mumbled, she quickly whipped out her phone and msged Piya.

K: Sis...hide.

P: Huh? What? 

K: Aryan ice cream parlour! HIDE! NOW!

Piya finally looked towards the window and saw Kavya who was pointing like a crazy woman towards the door. Just as Aryan entered, Piya let out a squeak and hide below her table.

"Kavya?" Viraj lifted the table cloth and peaked at her. Aryan turned to look but only saw the back of Viraj and nothing else. "You okay? Did you drop something?"

"Haan..." Piya said.

"What?"

"Woh...my...my phone...haan phone." Piya lied. Viraj lifted his head up and looked at the phone on the table. 

"Kavya...your phone is up here."

"I...uh...Im looking for my other phone." Piya said, trying to peak and see if Aryan was gone yet.

"What other phone?" Viraj was now totally confused.

"Viraj, you carry on and have your ice cream this will take awhile." 

Viraj looked at the empty space. "There is literally nothing here." 

Finally Aryan ordered his ice cream and left the store so Piya came out with a sigh. Seeing Viraj stare at her, she held up her hairclip. "Found it!"

"Thats...a hairclip."

"Haan...thats what I was looking for." Piya said.

"You just said you were looking for your phone." Viraj notified her.

"Did I?" Piya asked. "I...I meant my hairclip...obviously because I have a hairclip...and its really really important."

"O...kaay theenn." Viraj said, not buying a word she said but decided to let it go.

Meanwhile Aryan came to the car and handed Kavya a small cup of coffee flavoured ice cream. "Here..."

"I...dont like coffee flavoured ice cream."

"I tried your gol gappa...you try this." Aryan said.

"Okay fine...give it." Kavya took the bowl and started having it. She liked it but of course she would never admit it.

"Um...Piya you have some ice cream on your face." Aryan pointed to her face. Kavya lifted her hand up and wiped randomly, casuing more ice cream to get on. Aryan stared at her and then burst out laughing. "No...no..its ...nevermind, Ill get it."

He took out his handkerchief and leaned forward to wipe her face. He didnt even realize how close he had gotten. Kavya started feeling strange...like her heart was beating faster and there were butterflies in her stomach. She held her breathe as Aryan wiped her face clueless as to the affect he was having on her. Finally Kavya couldnt take it any longer and just grabbed the handkerchief from Aryan....thats when he noticed how close he was and backed up quickly, embarrassed.