[46; prove it]

A few days had passed since your capture.

Naturally, both heroes and police officers alike were on the lookout for members of the League, but the remaining members had escaped during All Might's battle with All For One. You were sure they'd regrouped and settled elsewhere. To think that if the hero hadn't showed up when he did, you could've still been trapped with them right now.

This was the best possible turn-out, really. Yes, a fair amount of pro heroes—All Might included—had been gravely injured during their run-in with the notorious villain boss, but neither Katsuki nor any other of your friends had been injured. Well, your little trip to the hospital aside, at least. That wasn't really of that much importance right now. Since you and Katsuki had been in direct contact with the villains, both of you had been prohibited from going outside, for safety purposes. You wouldn't have normally minded staying indoors and getting some rest, but with everthing that had happened, you wanted to see him more than ever, if only for a little while.

"Mom, can I please?"

She sighed. "[Name], sweetie, you know that's not a good idea. The police told you to stay inside."

"I know, but—"

"Listen to your mom," your father frowned. "Don't take these matters lightly, [Name]. I swear... I come back from over-seas only to find out that my daughter's been entangled in a mess like this. For my own peace of mind, please listen to what the cops and heroes have been telling you to do."

You pouted. You were fully aware of how unreasonable you were being right now, but you just couldn't help it. The feelings you held for Katsuki were more overwhelming than ever before. After your brush with death, you needed to see him.

"Fine," you huffed, crossing your arms. "Then could one of you please drive over to Katsuki-kun's house and pick him up, then bring him back here? That way I don't have to actually step outside, and you can keep me under your surveillance while he's here."

Your father cocked a brow, glancing from you towards your mother. She smiled wistfully, likely realizing that you wouldn't be deterred.

"You want to see this boy that badly?" he asked.

"Yes," you reaffirmed, "I need to."

"That's..."

He was probably wondering what in the hell had happened in the time he'd been gone. Your mother had very briefly filled him in on the fact that you'd begun dating someone, but he hadn't been around to see it all with his own eyes. To notice the changes in your demeanor.

"I see." Your father stood up suddenly, and you watched as he made for the door, slinging a coat over his shoulders. "Then, please let him know that I'm on my way. Send me his address via a text message. This will be a good opportunity for me to assess what type of person this boyfriend of yours is."

His eyes were slightly clouded. So this was the so-called "over-protective dad mode" you'd heard about. In any case, it was great that you'd be getting to see Katsuki. You just hoped your father wouldn't say anything inappropriate in the car.

"Thank you, dad." You smiled, [e/c] orbs brightening. "I appreciate it. He's a good guy, I'm sure you'll understand."

He nodded once and left through the door. You constructed a hasty text—for your father and Katsuki, respectively. Hopefully his parents would be alright with him coming over for a bit. Your mother nibbled at her bottom lip worriedly.

"Perhaps I should've gone to pick him up instead... your father may interrogate the life out of that poor boy."

"Dad wouldn't do that. He's not the scary type."