Chapter forty-four

It's been a few days since I've told Xander about the baby, he's been over the moon supportive despite our little argument. We haven't told anyone else yet, we decided to wait until the coronation, which by the way is tomorrow.

"Hey kitten" my handsome mates interrupts my thoughts and I cast him a smile.

"I still don't understand why you call me that, it's kind of ironic considering, ya know, we're werewolves?" I laugh, he takes a seat next to me on the swinging chair out front of our packhouse. We moved back into our original pack house shortly after Xanders sperm donor was killed, so sad.

"Because you're small and docile, but could bring down even the biggest men with just a scratch." I roll my eyes at his dramatics.

"Considering what's happened within the past two months, I'd say I have to disagree" he chuckles, I'm glad we can laugh about it and not get hung up on the topic.

"Would you prefer I call you puppy?" he shoots me a look and I scrunch my face.

"Most definitely not" he swings his arm around my shoulders with a laugh

"kitten it is then." he smirks, and I can't but get lost in those emerald green eyes that I love so much.

-------------------------------------

Later that night everyone is busy getting the last-minute preparations in order for the coronation tomorrow and to be honest, I've never seen Kris so stressed out. 

"Iris!" I look over to see Kris wide-eyed

"what's wrong did something happen?" she looks at me as if I've gone mad.

" are you kidding me? of course, something happened, I've never sweat this much in my life, I feel sticky and with how much stress I have right now I'd be lucky to look twenty at twenty. I mean I can already feel the wrinkles forming in between my eyebrows- HEY YOU, I SAID RED FLOWERS NOT PINK YOU FUCKING MORON!!" she cuts herself off and storms off to the boy holding the pink flowers who looks scared for his life, I see her smack him in the back of the head and take the flowers from him before smacking him in the face with them, she walks back over to me.

"I can't believe this pack is full of idiots, IDIOTS I TELL YOU, I swear the moon goddess did good giving me a human mate, these guys are nothing but dumb mutts." she practically growls, but the scowl on her face instantly goes away when Chase comes over and places his arms around her.

"ugh, baby don't leave again I need your help pretty please?" she gives him her best puppy eyes which she is scarily amazing at by the way, and I see him cave.

"Fine, but if you cry because another banner is crooked, I'm leaving again" she nods her head fiercely.

"Thank you for letting me vent to you about these asshats, have fun ruling them." She drags Chase off.

"Your sister is pretty scary when she's stressed out" I turn around to be met with my favorite pair of emerald eyes.

"I swear there's a mercenary in there somewhere" I say staring over at where Kris is making Chase put ribbons up in the trees.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask peeking over at him

"Of course, let's go somewhere more private" he says, and I follow him into the packhouse and up to my room, which is the last door on the left.

"What'd you want to talk about?" he says once we're in my room and seated on the bed.

"well, you know that tomorrow is the coronation" I say dragging it out.

"yeah? and?" look at him, always straight to the point.

"We haven't fully mated yet, which is a requirement for the coronation" I can already feel my cheeks warm-up at the thought of him marking me.

"uh-huh?" he drawls out.

"well, I think I'm ready, tonight" I say finally making eye contact with him, his pupils dilate and he comes closer to me.

"I've been ready for a very long time baby." he says closing the distance between us.

Our lips meet in a tender kiss, this is different, our other kisses are always rushed, like we'd lose each other at any minute, but this one was slow, and he was taking his time.

Within seconds I'm on my back with him hovering over me, holding his weight on his elbows, he collides his mouth with mine again, this time feverish, I can feel his heart beating through his chest, I place my hand on it under his shirt letting my fingers graze his soft pale skin. 

His fingers run up my thighs and under my dress, grasping my hips, digging his fingers into the bone just enough to send pleasant waves of pain through me. He kisses down my cheek and my neck, finding the spot where my neck and shoulder meet, where his mark would be, and he kisses it making a soft moan leave my mouth.

He kisses down the rest of my body dipping his head under my dress, peeling my underwear off with his teeth making my breath catch in my throat. holy fucking hot damn.

"You like that don't you kitten?" he says chuckling against my inner thigh, I nod my head eagerly. He sits me up peeling the dress off me, letting his shirt and pants follow leaving me naked and him in his underwear.

"please" I whine clawing at his back, he hasn't even touched me where I want yet and I'm a pool already.

Without any warning he thrust into me making me cry out digging my nails into his back, how'd he get his underwear off so fast? not that I'm complaining.

"I love you" he moans into my ear going harder than he was before, he grabs my neck tilting it back for easy access, he licks the place where his mark will be and a gasp falls past my lips before he digs his teeth into that spot. 

It was a feeling I had never felt before, it was better than any orgasm I could have had, it was breath-taking an euphoric, I quickly sink my teeth into where my mark would be on him, and he moans loudly, collapsing into my arms, it was the most vunerable moment we've ever had, it was perfect. 

We lay wrapped in each others arms, legs entangled together, I feel myself start to succumb to sleep, but right before I pass out I hear my mates voice.

"Thank you for saving me"

HEY GUYS I'M SAD TO SAY THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT OF THE HUNT, BUT I WILL WRITE AN EPILOGE SO DON'T FORGET TO READ THAT TOO!!

*unedited*