Chapter thirty-six

I awoke to someone lightly shaking me, I was about ready to drop-kick the intruder when the familiar scent of my mate filled my nose. 

"come on baby, wake up" he whispered and I shoved him off the side of the bed as he fell to the ground with a thud.

"I'm going back to sleep," I said and he huffed getting off the ground.

"But I'm hungry and dinner is done" he whined and I looked up at him, he had thrown sweatpants over his naked body leaving him shirtless.

"Then go get food, I'm exhausted" I huffed, and he pouted at me

"don't act like a child" I spoke while putting my head back into my pillow.

"That's it" he whispered, I heard him moving things around, or well that's what it sounded like. I heard him approaching me and I opened one eye to peak at him. I quickly moved and sat my naked body up.

"what are you doing?" I asked in a shrill voice weakly attempting to fight him off, but he quickly slid underwear on me along with his t-shirt.

"We're going to eat dinner" he responded and I quickly went to go lay back in bed.

"I told you I'm not going and I'm going back to sleep wake me up in the morning" I groaned 

"nope" he said before picking me up and lightly throwing me over his shoulder. My ass was up in the air and since I only had underwear on the bottom of my ass cheeks were sticking out.

"Let me down Xander!" I screamed banging on his back, he didn't even respond to me just whistled and I eventually gave up on trying to fight him, instead I pinched his butt.

"You shouldn't have done that" he growled lowly and I smirked even though he couldn't see me.

"oh yeah? and what are you gonna do about it?" I asked and instantly received a slap on the ass from him that caused a mixture of a squeal and a moan to leave my mouth, he's never spanked me before, but it was kind of hot.

"asshole" I scoffed and he spanked me again but harder, while we made our way to the dining hall.

"you loved it" he whispered 

"and what makes you say that?" I asked as he put me down on my feet, he brushed my hair out of the way and leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"Because I could smell your arousal kitten" he said, and I had almost forgotten the nick name he gave to me a month ago, almost.

"shut up" I blushed before running into the kitchen with him right behind me.

Everyone was already at the table, Jasper and Quinn included, making it all the more uncomfortable for me, I shot Xander a glare internally blaming him since he's the one that dragged me here.

"Iris lovely of you to show up, underdressed might I add" Kris said and I looked down at myself, just now remembering I'm only in Xanders shirt and underwear, I shot her a glare but she just smirked at me.

"I have something I'd like to say" Jasper says standing up once everyone is seated and my body instantly becomes rigid.

"You said enough earlier Jasper" I said and he looked at me with sympathy.

"I just wanted to say that, I know what I did was wrong, I shouldn't have said the things that I said, so I'm going to put everything out on the table now." That instantly caught my attention, I put my fork and knife down, Harper carefully took the knife away so that it wasn't within arms reach and I rolled my eyes at her.

"go on then we don't have all night" I said hurriedly and he took a deep breath before continuing.

"As you all now know, Iris and I used to be, intimate with each other" he said and I instantly cringed, Xander tensed next to me so I grabbed his hand to reassure him.

"It started when we were sixteen years old. It kept going up until recently when Iris found her mate, I hadn't found mine yet. I had fallen in love with her, I wanted to marry her. When we got to this packhouse I decided to tell her how I felt, obviously things didn't go as I planned because she told me she had found her mate, and she couldn't recipocate my feelings and that we couldn't continue to be with each other as we had been before." he said and my eyes pricked with tears at the memory of the day I lost my best friend.

"Then I decided that because of how hurt she made me feel I'd get back at her. So that night I ended up sleeping with somebody else. Iris came to find me and apologize but instead found me with Mackenzie." he said and I was consumed with a flash of range at the memory and what I did to her.

"Then we were starting to not hate each other anymore, you know I was thinking I was finally getting my best friend back, but then I found my mate, Quinn" he said and smiled at her which she returned lovingly.

"I didn't like seeing her get disrespected in any way, or by anyone" he said and his eyes glanced over at me quickly.

"So as you all know I said some very hurtful things to Iris, none of which I meant in the slightest, I want to come here today, in front of my future Luna and apologize for mistreating you the way I did" he said taking a knee by my side.

"I forgive you" is all I say, he looks up at me with watery eyes

"I forgive you because at the end of the day you were my best friend besides Kris. I forgive you as your friend, but not as your Luna" I said and everyone went quiet, he looked up at me and then bowed his head in shame.

"I, Iris Bloodmoon future Luna of the Bloodmoon pack strip you, Jasper Longfellow of your title as my beta" I said and everyone gasped.

"you can't do that to my boy" Jaspers dad, my dads beta, cuts in and I look at him.

"I can and I just did, besides I recall him saying that the title meant nothing to him anymore anyways, now if you'll excuse me, me and my mate have a bed waiting for us" I said before me and Xander exited the dining hall and went back to my room where we were both staying.

"I love you baby, and I'm proud of you" Xander whispered once we got into bed and comfortable.

"And I love you" I whispered back before falling asleep.

HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, I JUST GOT FINISHED WITH MY ONLINE CLASSES AND I FEEL LIKE I'M ABOUT TO DIE, WHAT CAN I SAY? BEING A SOPHOMORE CAN BE HARD SOMETIMES!! 

*not edited*