'Chapter thirty-eight

"What colors do you want?" Harper asked me for what felt like the hundredth time.

"I told you already I don't know," I groaned, plopping onto my bed. Harper, Sophia, and I are currently sitting in my room trying to figure out the color scheme I wanted for my coronation, which was in almost a week. Meaning my eighteenth birthday is tomorrow, and I'm dreading it. I feel like I've been super snappy with everyone then crying the next moment.

"what about the traditional Luna colors? White and gold," Sophia chirped in.

"Yeah, but that's so...traditional," I groaned.

"you're part of the Bloodmoon pack, right?" Harper asked

"duh, hence the last name," I stated matter of factly.

"Okay, smartass, how about do the colors red, gold, and white," she said and bit my lip thinking about it.

"That's perfect, Harper," I say, getting up.

"where are you going?" Harper asks me

"to go tell Xander" I say giddily, and she smirks at me, waving me off with Sophia giggling.

---------------------------------

I get to the Alpha office where I know Xander has spent a lot of time going over maps of different territories and treaties between nations. I'm pleased to see him trying to take control.

"Xander, I finally picked what colors I want-" I was cut off as I swung the door open to see Mackenzie latched onto my mate like a leech, she looked at me with a look of triumph, and that's all it took for me to see red. 

I pounced forward onto Mackenzie. I grabbed her hair in a huge chunk and yanked her head back before slamming my fist directly into her nose, making her scream out. I kept hitting the same place as blood splattered on me. The doors burst open, and my dad comes running at me along with his beta and Xander, all three attempts to pull me off, but it doesn't work as I won't let go of her hair. I was eventually lifted into the air pulling my arms far back so I couldn't punch her, so instead, I resorted to kicking her once really hard in the face as I let go of her hair, her head goes flying back, and her sobs fill the room.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME," I scream since no one moved to release me; slowly, everyone let go of me, and there was a crowd by the door.

"bring that stupid mutt to the cellar, and you know where to put her. Make sure you tie her up with the silver chains," I growled before watching her get lifted and carried out of the room.

"Iris, I can explain-" Xander starts as he walks towards me.

"NO," I shout as I back away, and he stops in his tracks.

"don't fucking touch me," I stated before turning and bolting out the front door with everyone screaming behind me. I shifted mid-jump off the porch and booked it into the woods.

I ran for I don't even know how long, I ran until I physically couldn't anymore. I decided to stop and take a break for a little bit to catch my breath. I can't believe it. Was Xander really cheating on me with Mckenzie? well, I didn't even let him explain; maybe I should go back and let him talk, I went to get up, but I felt a searing pain in the back of my neck.

"where do you think you're going puppy?" I felt someone whisper beside me, I stumbled a little bit trying to walk away from the person beside me. How did I not hear him coming? I was too distracted. I eventually couldn't carry myself any longer and collapsed, the man stood over me before squatting down next to me and he started petting my fur.

"don't worry, I'll take good care of you," the man said, and the last thing I remember before I blacked out was the man that looked exactly like Xander but older.

-----------------------------

Xander's POV

"Explain what the fuck happened" Iris' dad seethed at me.

"I don't even really know sir, I was just in here going over the maps you gave me and Mackenzie came in telling me she needed to talk about pack business, I was confused as to why she didn't go talk to you considering you're still the Alpha but agreed to help her anyways. Next thing I know she wraps herself around me and I went to go push her away but before I could Iris walked in and then attacked Mackenzie." I said wiping my hands down my face.

"That little bitch" Harper hisses.

"We need to find Iris and soon, Hunters are scoping out these woods and she's a white coat she can get herself in a lot of trouble right now," I said impatiently, I went to walk out of the room when an immense pain shot through the back of my neck making me drops to my knees with a grunt.

"Xander are you okay?" Harper says rushing to my side

"my neck" I chocked out and she checked my neck

"Everything seems to be fine," she says and I hear a gasp behind me.

"What's wrong?" I ask Will from my position on the ground.

"If nothing is wrong with you that means it is not your pain you are feeling, It's Iris' something happened to her," he said which made me forget the now small pain in my neck and I jumped up.

"I need to find her" I growl out shifting into my wolf and running out the door with Harper right behind me, her father must be mind linking the pack warriors.

-------------------------

Iris' POV

I tried to open my eyes but was met with a harsh light directly above me, I tried to cover my eyes but couldn't lift my hand up, instead, pain shot through my wrist making me realize I was feeling a similar feeling on my ankles and my other wrist, I look down to see that I'm tied to a metal table with silver chains, well that explains the burning.

"well I see you're awake puppy" I hear someone say from the darkness of the room.

"who's there?" I tried to sound confident but it came out more of a whisper from the strain of my voice. The Xander look-alike stepped out of the darkness with a smile.

"I have to say you look just as beautiful human as you do in your wolf form" he clicks his tongue and I feel disgusting.

"Who are you?" I manage to get out 

"The names David....David Cooper"

HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER I KNOW IT'S BEEN A MINUTE SINCE I'VE UPDATED BUT I GOT A LIFE TOO YOU KNOW? GOTTA TAKE CARE OF THE PERSONAL SHIT. I'LL UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I PROMISE!

*unedited*