Chapter two

I continue to walk through the woods until I hear a bunch of angry and distressed voices coming from the direction
of the pack house, I guess I was gone longer than I thought. As I break through the tree lining there was my dad screaming at one of the guards

"if we don't find my daughter I'm ripping your fucking head off your shoulders and that's a fucking promise!!" the guard that was currently cowarding away from my dad visably gulped and nodded frantically, I stepped forward.

"that won't be necessary father I'm right here" I say keeping my back straight and my head up even though I'm sure he could hear how fast my heart was beating with how nervous I'm currently feeling.

All heads shot up in my direction and my dad was in front of me before I could even blink, my dad towered over me standing at 6'7 and his black hair with a mixture of grey was falling in front of his brown eyes making him appear even more intimidating then he already was making me not want to even risk taking a glance up at him, not only because of the anger that I could feel seeping off of his body, which was in close proximity to mine, but I was also afraid to see the disappointment I knew I would if I was to make eye contact.

"where were you?" he spoke so low that only I could hear and it was that kind of deathly calm where you knew you were in deep shit. I stayed quiet and looked behind him to where my mom stood in the doorway of the pack house she wore her blonde hair straight down and her blue eyes were staring right at me, next to her was my little sister, only two years younger making her a sophomore in high school and me a senior, my sister was very pretty she has my mothers blonde hair and my dads chocolate brown eyes, she was standing there in grey booty shorts and a tight pink top and she was obviously wearing no bra, I looked around and noticed all the unmated males eyeing her hungrily but Kris' eyes were solely focused on me, her eyes showing sympathy. Me and my sister got along surprisingly well and she knew how much I hated being different she knew I had it harder out of the two of us.

My dad roughly grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him and I was right his eyes shown nothing but anger and disappointment, I was shocked as well, he had never grabbed me before, granted he'd had the shit kicked out of me in training to "prepare me" but he'd never touched me to mean harm. My sister gasped slightly surprised by his actions as well and my mother stepped forward a little bit calling out to him.

"Will don't you think that's a bit much?" my dad turned his head to face my mother and answer her.

"She will learn to obey my orders and answer once asked a question, and if I have to teach her that myself so be it" my mother looked defeated.

"Just don't hurt her please?" she pleaded and I suddenly felt guilty for leaving

"Elvira we can't keep letting her get away with things, she is to be luna one day and she is going to learn how to handle pain eventually because unfortunately it comes with the title" my mom shut up and went to go hug my sister on the porch, my dads head slowly turned back to me.

" Now Iris I asked you a goddamn question, where the hell were you?" he asked a little louder this time and his voice had a certain clip tone to it making me flinch slightly.

"I went for a run" I answered meekly and my dad threw my head to the side

"meet me in my office, now" he whispered and turned away storming into the pack house and disappearing from view, obviously heading towards his office.

I slowly start to head towards the pack house keeping my head up and avoiding eye contact of all the pack members out on the lawn that silently watched me. As I made my way up the stairs and onto the porch I looked at my mom and sister and they smiled sympathetically at me, I gave a weak smile in return.

Once I reached my dads office door I knocked lightly and he gave the okay to enter, I saw him sitting in his chair on the other side of the dark brown desk that sat in front of him, he gestured for me to sit down on the other side of him, once seated he spoke.

"care to explain yourself young lady?" he spoke in his regular deep monotone voice

"I'm sorry" he clicked his tongue

"that's not what I asked" he leaned forward with his elbows on the desk.

"I'm so tired of being locked up dad, of not being normal, I just wanted to be free for once. Just one opportunity to not worry about my duties, my life revolves around pleasing everyone around me, it revolves around being the best and training. It gets so tiring to not have the life I want, I want to walk around and not have people bow every time I walk by, I want to have actual friends that I don't train with, I just wanted freedom dad, just once is that so much to ask for?" I didn't even notice a couple of stray tears had fell down my cheeks until I felt the drip on my hands that were laying in my lap.

"Iris, I know this seems hard right now but it will be worth it, you're different and that's a big factor to you being as guarded as you are, being Luna is about pleasing your people and keeping them safe, you don't have time to be selfish and worry about yourself, you must train to be the best to actually become the best. We can't have people thinking their future Luna is a young selfish girl who likes to rebel and to add being weak on top is not an exception, so you train and work hard, and you make me and your mother proud" I looked up at him

"I was worried sick Iris, anything could of happened, not only are you my heir you're my daughter and I love you more than anything in this world I would hate myself if anything were to happen to you, knowing I couldn't do my job as your father and protect you" his voice cracked at the end and that was the first time I'd ever seen him show any kind of signs of sadness.

"now give me a hug" he said and I rushed over to him and he stood wrapping his arms around me and I squeezed around his neck tightly pouring how sorry I truly was into the hug, I pulled away from him and sat back down.

"but there was something that happened while I was out there" I peered up at him and he raised his eyebrows giving me his full attention.

"please go on" he motioned with his hand

"I ran into a hunter" I stated and he stood up quickly making his chair full back and smack hard against the wooden floor.

"YOU WHAT?" he screamed and just then the door burst open showing the concerned faces of my beautiful mother and sister.

"what's wrong hunny?" my mom asked making her way to my dads side, my sister came and stood next to me

"Iris had an encounter with a hunter" he spoke quietly, my moms head snapped in my direction

"are you okay?" my mother asked as she came and looked me over looking for any signs of scratches.

"I'm fine mom, but he warned me" Just then all three heads looked at me in confusion

"warned you about what exactly?" my sister asked in her naturally husky voice and took a step forward

"he said that I was too beautiful to kill and that I had to warn my pack because his crew was coming straight in our directions, they're scouting the entire area" my dad ran a hand through his hair and my sister sighed.

"oh dear" my mother said and held a hand to her heart

"that's it, we're leaving" my dad said in a final tone, we all looked at him like he grew six heads

"what?" all three of us said at the same time.

oh god.

HEY GUYS HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, IT'S LONGER THAN I USUALLY DO SO I HOPE IT WAS MORE DETAILED AND Y'ALL LIKED IT, I'LL TRY AND UPDATE TOMORROW AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.