baby check

"What about Philip." Ryan asked.

"Um no." I said we were sitting at the doctors office. Today we found out the gender of the baby.  I was super excited. Next week was our wedding. I was also excited about that. Thank God for Britt. She was doing a lot of the planning. Every time I offered to help she would tell me she got it.

"What if it's a girl how about rose." I just waved him off.

"Why don't you like any of my names?" He said kissing my cheek.

"Nothing sounds right."

"Madison?" The nurse called.

"Ready?"

"Yep let's go." Ryan helped me up. We walked along behind the nurse. She led us into the room. Ryan helped me up on the table then sat next to me in a chair. The nurse asked me a bunch of  different questions. I answered them as best as I could. After scribbling them down she said she was going to go get the doctor.
It didn't take long to the doctor to come in.

"Hi Madison how have you been feeling."

"Really good."

"Well that's good. No moring sickness?"

"Nope none at all. Is that normal not to be sick?"

"It's completely normal. It just depends on the person. Are y'all ready to see the baby?" We nodded excitedly.  "Ok. Let's just have you roll up your shirt." She went over to the machine as I did so.

"This is going to be a little cold." She put it on whitch it was cold. "Ok so do you want to know the gender?"

Britt thought it would be cool for the color of our cake on the inside be either blue for a boy or pink for a girl. I know Ryan wanted a boy. I didn't really care as long as the baby was healthy.

"If you could just write it down and put it into an envelope please?"

"Sure no problem."

She flipped on the machine. She moved the wand over my belly. "Thump thump." Was heard all around the room.

"That's your baby's heart beat." My eyes were tearing up. "There's your baby. It looks good. Growing good." I looked over at Ryan. He stared at the ultrasound in amazement. He was going to make a great father. She printed pictures for us. Then slipped a note in an envelope and handed it to me.

"Ok I'll schedule your next apartment. We will see y'all next time." She said wipping the gel off.

"Ok thank you." Ryan helped me off the table. Ryan took me home. I had sold  my house and moved in with Ryan.