chapter four, home.

- Camila -

- Camila -

I was dancing with Matt when we heard Joey calling for him.
"Hey, Matt!"

"Pretend you can't hear him." He lowered his head to speak to me, raising his voice so I could hear him over the noise. His hands rested on my waist and we carried on swaying, bopping slightly to the music. I've had a couple drinks, ones Matt and I got ourselves because Theo never came back. Hopefully he found Katie.

Seconds later, a small blonde girl came over to us, tapping on Matt's shoulder.
"Joey wants you to play with us."

He looked at me apologetically before placing his hand on my back and guiding me to the seating area. "Just know I would much rather be dancing with you right now."

I giggled and gave him a smile as we sat on the sofas, and I quickly met eyes with Theodore, sat beside a tired looking Katie. He seemed bored or annoyed at something, but his mood changed when I sat across from him. He raised his eyebrows questioningly so I returned a nod. I glanced across to see Katie almost passing out, so I gestured and he signed a drink like we're playing charades.

"Camila Young, haven't seen you for a while." Joey interrupted, smirking at me as he held eye contact with my dress. Matt shuffled slightly so I relaxed my body towards his, hoping it would keep Joey from trying to get in my pants. "You playing?"

"Sure, what are we doing?"

"Truth, dare or drink. Truth or dare, La-La?"

"Truth."

"Are you a virgin?"

I love this question. Yes I'm a virgin. I haven't even had my first kiss yet. I hate to be basic and say 'I'm waiting for the right person', but I am. I don't want to be the girl who gets her heartbroken by a boy every week so I just avoid boys in general, apart from Theo, obviously. But that's just platonic.

I can't say 'I'm a virgin' because to the boys in this circle will think I'm just another thing they need to conquer. My innocence will be a competition for them.
No one knows, they presume I'm a whore because I'm a female. I like my position, and I don't fancy changing it anytime soon.

I giggled softly and reached down for the bottle of vodka on the table. I tipped the neck in Joey's direction before latching my lips around it and gulping down the strong liquid.

"Interesting." He took another inhale of his joint before offering it to Theo.

"I'm good thanks." Theo rejected. I don't think he's drinking and I really hope it's not because he feels the need to babysit. I put on a short skirt and suddenly he's playing big brother. He's too protective sometimes, but I'm kind of grateful for it.