chapter seven, ice cream.

- Camila -

- Camila -

*sorry, only just saw your message, feeling kind of hungover so I'm just going to chill at home today, see you in class tomorrow:) *

"Ugh!" I threw myself onto my bed. Why is this so confusing? I'd rather Theo spoke about what happened instead of us completely ignoring it.
I decided to text him, I said I'd send him my timetable so that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I took him a minute to open my snap but when I did I go to two in return, one with a smile across his face with a thumbs up, labelled *looks similar to mine*, the other a picture of his timetable, most classes at the same time as mine.
Looks like we can avoid conversation but not each other.

We snapped normally that evening while I packed my school bag and ate dinner.

I was lay in bed when my phone began to ring and every fibre of my body prayed it was Theo. But it wasn't.
"Hey." I answered.

"Hey, I've just left work and I'm passing by your neighbourhood in five, do you want to get ice cream or something?"

"Sure, let me get changed and I'll meet you out front."

"Cool, see you then."

"Bye." I hung up the phone before throwing it onto my pillow. Shit, shit, shit. Part of me regrets saying yes but the other part is excited. I stripped out of Theo's clothes and changed my underwear, soaking myself in perfume before putting on a soft blue t-shirt and jeans.

I brushed my hair through and grabbed my phone and purse before rushing down the stairs. "Zo! I'm going out for ice cream, I'll be back in half an hour."

"Be safe!"
The door closed behind me and I made my way to the entrance of our estate to wait for him, and seconds later he pulled up in a blue Toyota. I'm no good with makes and telling the difference so I didn't mention it.

I opened the door and climbed in beside him.
"Hey."

"Hi, how are you feeling?"

"A lot better, I just needed a few hours rest this morning."

"Glad to hear it." He smiled. He had a black hoodie on over his work clothes, his work pants full of mini tools.

We pulled out of the estate and down the street to a small shop called 'Lacey's' that sells ice creams, pancakes and waffles.

"What's your favourite ice cream?" I asked him as we made our way into the shop.

"Guess."

"Vanilla?"

"Am I that predictable?"