chapter thirty-four, doorframe.

- Theodore -

- Theodore -

"I walked into the door." I managed to keep my voice steady.

"How?"

"I got out of the shower and slipped on the wet floor."

"Your hair's dry."

"It was this morning."

"You didn't have it when you were getting dressed." Camila was having non of it. Though I can lie to anyone about anything, she always sees straight through my shit.

"Sorry, Sherlock Holmes, I just walked into a doorframe, that's all."

"Theo. I know when you're lying." She stared at me, waiting for me to reply. "You've been crying as well. But not from the pain, you wouldn't cry that easily."

I went back to the room and lay on my bed. "Did your Dad-" Now her voice is cracking too. "Theo.."

"No, look it's fine, it's a scratch."

"Fuck, Theodore!" She ran a hand through her hair.

"Shut up, it's okay."

"No it's not."

"I'll be home tomorrow night-"

"Why can't just just leave in the morning? Do you have to sign anything or is it just appearances?"

"I presume it's appearances, it's going to be my company too in a few months so."

"Get some sleep and come home. Your Dad can make a shitty excuse to them about why you couldn't be there, and you were already part of the main thing today."

"You're turning into me." I chuckled as she planned everything out.

"Seriously, though."

"Ok, I'll leave in the morning."

"Good."

"Okay, you go finish your girls' night."

"Not right now, she can wait five more minutes."

"Thanks."

"Have you talked to your Mom since she moved?"

"No, I should, shouldn't I?"

"Yeah. Maybe call her tomorrow. You haven't even seen her new house yet."

"Yeah, okay. I will do."

"Good." I noticed her yawning, making me yawn too.

"Go finish your movie, I'll call you tomorrow when I'm on my way home."

"Ugh fine, see you soon, Goodnight, Dory."

"Goodnight, Mila."

I plugged my phone into charge and turned off the lights, rolling over and dozing off to sleep.