chapter thirteen, lattes.

- Camila -

- Camila -

The ride to the coffee shop wasn't as awkward as I expected. Conversation flows easy with Matt - he has stories to tell and he's good at listening.

"Do you have a curfew or anything?"

"No curfew, just homework."

"I won't keep you too long then."

We entered the café and I sat in the window while he went to get us lattes. I've got a notification from Theo, and it could be a normal snap but I don't want to open it just incase.

"Here."
Matt placed a coffee in front of me, sitting down as well.

"So are you still friends with Joey? I was kind of surprised he even came back this year."

"Eh- we'll never be as close as we were but yeah, I can't just drop him, he has no one else. I think we just changed a lot after middle school, same with Theodore."

I hate talking about Theo with Matt but it will look suspicious if I avoid the conversation completely.
"Are you still going to work together?"

"Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays."

"Do you like it?"

"I do, it makes me feel less lazy."

I kept eye contact as I blew on the hot drink and watched him smirk and stick his tongue in the corner of his cheek. I quickly realised what we were both doing so I broke eye contact, smiling as I took a sip of my drink.

He did the same, watching me as he sipped the coffee before placing the mug back on the table. His hand ran through his fluffy hair while his tongue slipped out to lick his lips and for the first time I had an unholy thought that wasn't about Theo. Shit.
"Are you ok?"

"Yeah sorry, zoned out."

"What you think about?"

Your dick. "I actually can't remember, probably wasn't important."

"Alright."
His legs spread and he leant back on the seat, looking at me like he was trying to figure something out.

"What?" I chuckled, feeling judged and insecure.

"Nothing you're just really pretty."

Fuck. My cheeks blushed and my stomach fluttered. I tried to hide my grin that turned into my lips smushing to the side of my face. "Thank you."
He gave me a toothy smile before picking his drink back up.

Most of the conversation was filled with flirty comments and smiles while we finished our drinks.
"I should probably get back home soon."

"Sure."
We left the café and walked down the street back to his car while his hand rested on my lower back.

His arm lay in between our seats as we drove home, his body turned towards me while we talked about our favourite movies. During this car ride I've learnt that Matt loves salted popcorn, but not buttered. He always sits at the back of the cinema, just because he feels like he's in the way of people, even though he has terrible eye sight and his favourite movie of all time is 'Bad Boys'.

"We should go watch something together sometime."
I admired his side profile and jawline as he kept his eyes in the road. He caught me a couple of times but just smiled or giggled. "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing."

"You say that a lot but I feel like you're lying."

"I'm not lying..."

"Mhm."

"Thank you for that." We pulled up in front of my house.

"Thank you for coming with me."

We held eye contact for a few seconds and I mentally kicked myself when I wished he'd kiss me. I can't kiss him now and then be with Theo tonight, that's just wrong, so instead I leant forward and placed a peck on his cheek, holding it longer than I should have but hoping it would substitute.
"See you tomorrow, Matt."

"Bye, Cami."

I kicked off my shoes and went straight to my room, checking my messages as I threw myself onto the bed.
Dory ~ *hey, almost done your homework?*

Shit, homework.
*It's not 7 yet.*

*Hot chocolate?*

*seven.*

I placed my phone down and rushed to start my homework. I have just over an hour to get it done and get ready for Theo coming over.
I skimmed through my Chemistry homework before reading over my English chapter. The rest isn't due so I can do them during free periods tomorrow.

I was finished my homework by a quarter-to and stripped out of my uniform, debating on whether to wear my red set like he requested.

I slipped on a large black t-shirt and took down my hair, going downstairs and waiting for him to come over. The clock struck seven and not even seconds after I heard a knock on the door.
"Hey."

"Come in."

I closed to door and my waist was grabbed, pulling me into him. He lowered his head to the crook of my neck, "Is she home?"

"Nope, just us."
He picked me up bridal style, earning him a squeal and a few weak hits as he carried me up to my room.
"I'm starting to think 'Hot Chocolate' is code for oral."

"Hot chocolate is always going to be hot chocolate, but if you want cream - just ask."