chapter fourty-one, date night.

- Zoe -

- Zoe -

"Hi." I kept my face straight, snapping into character and pretending I didn't just squeal and dance around my room like a little girl. I love going on dates, especially with hot people. And although I love a night out at the club, nothing beats a formal dinner and informal night.

"Hey. You look lovely."
I watched his eyes travel across my body, and I slowed my steps and swayed my hips to give him a taste of what he could possibly have.

"Thank you, you too."

"Nice to meet you, Camila."

"You too."
I smiled at my sister, trying to contain my squeals.
"Ten p.m. curfew miss, no drinking."

"Yes, Mom." I groaned sarcastically, "see you later, Cam."

"Have fun."

I blew her a kiss, stepping outside and allowing his hand to fall on my lower back. God it's big. I eased into it, letting him lead me to his car.

I've got a mental list of bare-minimum things they must do if they want to take me home for the night.
Number one: open the car door for me, bonus point if they help me climb in.

I'm not stupid, I could easily do it myself, but where's the fun in that?

I watched as he stepped forwards, hooking his first fingers under the handle and tugging the door of the glossy navy-blue Jaguar XF open. It's a nice car, pristine and not averagely cheap, which makes me wonder - he is only a bartender after all.

"Thank you." I smiled as I placed my hand on his held-out palm. I placed my purse on my lap, and relaxed into the seat as he closed the door behind me.

"Seat belt on?" He asked as he put on his.

"Why, are you a reckless driver?"

"Not when I'm carrying precious cargo." He smiled. That was smooth. I reached over, strapping it across my chest as he twisted his keys.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll have to wait and see."

I carefully snook peeks at him as he drove. His hand gripped the wheel easily, a couple veins stretched from his knuckles to his watch that peaked from under his sleeve.

He stole a few peeks too, his eyes flicking down to my thighs and a couple times my face, which I pretended to ignore.

"I like your car." I broke the silence.