chapter fourty-eight, oh-okay.

- Camila -

- Camila -

"Cami? Pst! Wake up!"

"What?" I rolled over, falling off the couch. "Ugh. What time is it?"

"Time for you to get ready for school. Jeez girl, I thought you 'weren't that bothered t-b-h'?"
I opened my eyes, readjusting to the brightness of the room to see Zoe stood before me with her arms crossed. "The full tub?"

"Sorry." I yawned. "I need a shower..."

I practically crawled upstairs and into the bathroom. I felt a bit better as the warm water hit my skin, but I still ached.

This is what you wanted Camila. You wanted to be his friend. You did this to yourself.
I am so fucking dumb.

The bags under my eyes are darker than they've ever been, but I disguised my zombie-look by blow drying my hair and putting on some mascara.

I rushed out the door, still zipping up my gym bag as I headed over to Theo's. Put on a smile. You're okay. You just didn't sleep well, that's why you look like crap.

"Hey- you okay?"

"Yeah, just missed my alarm." I laughed almost too falsely as I sat in his passenger seat.

"That's not like you."

"I know, right? Just didn't sleep great."

"You need a lift home today?"

"Aren't you going to your mom's?"

"I can drop you home before if you want?"

"No, don't worry about it, Zoe should be home."

"Oh, okay."
God I'm sick of the 'oh okay's'.

At least one of us was happy today. Theo's aura was glowing, his sunglasses rested on his nose, even though it wasn't even that sunny. His thumbs drummed the steering wheel, his head bobbed to the 5 seconds of summer song that played on the radio.
I'm so glad I texted Rebecca.

We pulled up at school, parking in his usual spot before going inside. We headed to the social area, sitting down next to Katie, Matt and Joey who were having a deep and private looking conversation.
"Everything okay?" I asked Katie, who was rolling her eyes and had her arms crossed.

"Yeah, they're just being... misogynistic."

"What's new?"