chapter sixty-two, secret.

- Camila -

- Camila -

I accidentally let my mind wander during first class, completely zoning out of my surroundings and whatever math equation was being scribbled on the board.

First it was about Matthew. When I should've noticed the signs. What I should've said, or done, or not done. They were all regrets. Everything I thought was real, wasn't. I read everything wrong. I felt sympathetic for not liking him the way I thought he liked me.

But then I zoned off to Theo. If I had just listened to him, picked him without hesitation, maybe we'd be in a different place. A better place.
Maybe, in a way, we are, now that Matt's out of the way. I did give him a boner last night, and we were close to almost, maybe, kissing.
I want to tell him. Tonight. Today. I don't know. But I want to be able to look at him and tell him how I feel because maybe a part of him feels the same way.

Before I knew it, the bell was ringing and I was making my way to my next class.
I didn't look for Theo, but I'm sure he'll survive another hour without me.

I took my seat in second period, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket.
*everything ok?*

*get off your phone before it gets confiscated.*

*i'll take that as a yes.*

I smiled before slipping it back into my pocket.
Maybe something good could come from that something bad.

After class I went to the bathroom - my hair is a mess from the bun I attempted mid-class.

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, pulling my hair and brushing it with the comb in my bag when I heard a sob from a bathroom stall.
"Hello?"

There was a sniff and then silence, so I knocked on the closed red door. "Hey, is everything okay?"

"Camila?" A voice cracked. Katie.

"Katie?"
The door unlocked and she pushed it open, slumping out with a red nose. "What's up?"

"I'm so sorry, Cami-"

"What? Come here." I pulled her into a hug.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine- What's going on?"

"Fuck... I need to tell you something, but you have to hear me out, please."

"Yeah, yeah."

We ended up sitting on the floor, leaning against the radiator. "A lot more things happened at Joey's party than you realised. I was obviously wasted. I don't know if I was drowning my sorrows or celebrating, but either way, I was piss drunk. I was talking to Joey, and I ended up over sharing. I told him something that I shouldn't have told anyone."