chapter fourty-seven, gelato.

- Camila -

- Camila -

* Home now if you wanna call over...? *

Zoe had left for work, leaving me two strict instructions:
One, Tell Theo how I feel.
Two, Text her everything that happens.

"Okay." I sighed out loud. Here we go.

My leggings didn't do a good job of protecting me from the chill breeze as I walked over to Theo's house.
I knocked twice before opening to unlocked door. "Theo?"

"Hey." He sat at the kitchen table.

"How was it?"

"Good actually, sit." He gestured to the chair across from me.

"Okay... what's going on?"
He stayed quiet with a chuckle, and I thought it was weird how his eyes flicked above my head and back down to my face. "Theo, what's-"

I was cut off when heavy hands gripped my shoulders. "Boo!"

"Fuck!" I almost jumped out of my skin, turning around to see Rebecca dying of laughter. "Becca!"

"Camila!"
I stood up to my feet and wrapped my arms around her. She must have gotten my message.

*

After a quick catch up, I scrapped tonight's plan. It can wait one more day.
Theo seems to be happy, I can tell he missed her. I did too.

I heard all about Theo's Mom and her roommate, how Theo thought he was her boyfriend until he met him and he turned out to be super camp.

"Sorry to cut short but I'm so tired." Becca yawned. "I'm going to go get ready for bed. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, probably. Goodnight."
Rebecca disappeared, leaving me and Theo slumped across the sofa. Should I tell him?

"I actually wanted to talk to you." He closed the gap, sitting beside me.

"About what?" I said, too fast.

"I know you're the one who asked her to come."

"Theo... I'm sorry-"

"No, I'm not angry. Thank you."
I sighed in relief, letting my head fall onto his shoulder. I definitely shouldn't be doing this, but it's such a comforting feeling. And I really need comfort right now.
His arm stretched around me, pulling me into a hug. The way his hand rested on my waist and his head rested in the crook of my neck, the way I could feel his breath on my skin made my body coat in goosebumps.
I've got to tell him.
"Theo?"