chapter twenty-six, smiley face.

- Camila -

- Camila -

"Hey Zoe..." I stepped downstairs. "Can I sleep over at Theo's tonight?"

"Why are you asking permission tonight and not the past few days?" She looked up from her phone, giving me a mysterious look like she was trying to read me.
"You're not going to fuck him, are you?"

"Zoe, no! Drop this act with Theo, please. You know we've been friends for years with no romance whatsoever."
She kept her serious face for a few seconds, waiting for me to crack, which I tried my hardest not to. "I'll come back first thing tomorrow and we can have a girls weekend while you're off work."

"Okay. I've made dinner though so you can eat here."

"Sure."

I sat down as she served our plates, thinking about Matt and Theodore.
Matt officially likes me. And, I just told Theo I'd stop talking to him. That's so mean - I could really hurt him. What am I doing?

"What's on your mind?"

I sighed, "Imagine you were talking to someone, but your best friend didn't like them, what would you do?"
I don't know why I'm using metaphors, she clearly knows who's who in this scenario.
"Matt and Theo work together, and Matt told Theo he likes me, but Theo doesn't like Matt and he doesn't think it's a good idea. But I don't want to lose Theo over a boy I've been talking to for a week and I don't want to hurt Matt's feelings."

"God, it's tough having everyone in love with you, huh?"

"Shut up and help me."

"You're going to kill me but- Theo works with him, he knows him. He also knows you, better than anyone. If he doesn't think he's right then maybe he's not the one. But you should go with your gut, and I don't think you'll ever lose Theodore, he's been with you through everything."

"I knew you'd say that. See, I told Theo I'd stop talking to him..."

"You told him or you promised him over one of your hot chocolate rituals?"

"You're no help whatsoever." I laughed at her. "I said 'I'll stop talking to him'."

"Don't be mean though, just distance yourself, or friend zone him - then he'll stop talking to you."

"Wise words, thanks."

"What are sisters for?"

"How about you, any hot men at work?"