Chapter Nine

I'm running out before the doors even fully open. Brandon lied to me. He's still standing at the desk of the receptionist but the man is knocked out cold.

He sighs in relief when he sees me. "Come on, come on, come on. Let's go. Move."

"Yes, you dickwad. I'm moving as fast as I can. You try running in a short tight skirt."

Rolling his eyes, he grabs my hand and we're racing down corridor after corridor. We aren't going back the way we entered the building I guess.

"You said you would come up." I accuse in between gasps.

"I tried, but when I entered, the man got a call saying to capture a lady who would come there by an elevator soon. I realized they were talking about you and knocked him out." He doesn't sound tired at all. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he doesn't have to breathe.

Two minutes later, I am practically wheezing. Yes, I workout but running really isn't my thing.

Bright lights are in every hallway and now I can hear the pitter patter of footsteps. The sound comes closer and I recognize the slow speed of the person. So I guess they aren't chasing us.

"Oh, dear me, where did that woman go? Someone raised an alarm, but is she actually a threat?" The person behind us mutters.

Scared and shocked, I stop but the sudden movement twists my ankle. I don't scream out loud, thankfully. Brandon bites his lip and tries to pull me ahead. I shake my head, the pain making me cringe and hobble. He looks worried and I can see the panic in his eyes. I push through the horrible pain and take a step. Brandon's jaw ticks and it looks like he might break a tooth if he grinds his teeth anymore.

The man almost sees us, but before I can even breathe Brandon slams me into the wall while saying, "I'm going to kiss you."

I nod quickly and gasp, arching because of the slam but that only brings us closer. He crushes his lips onto mine. His lips are softer than I imagined and I find myself melting into him.

The man is only a foot near us. He groans out loud. "Oh, faeries, always caught up in romance. Can not even keep their hands off each other. Why can they not be like ghillies? Maybe-"

He leaves us alone and I can't hear him anymore.

My heart is racing like never before. I'm eating his face like a starved animal. Brandon's hands are in my hair and he pulls at the strands. I gasp in surprise and grab his shoulders.

His mouth coupled with the way his hand is sliding down my arm is too much. So much. So good. I just whimper. As soon as the sound leaves my mouth, he is pressing me harder against the wall. He drags his sharp canines on the edges of my lips, teasing me.

Tongue easing into my mouth, I almost shudder apart by the gentleness. He tastes like something metallic- possibly blood- and mints.

Pulling him even closer to me, he moans low in his throat and I'll be lying if I say that isn't the sexiest sound I've ever heard. Brandon's smell isn't just boy or laundry detergent, it's a whole mixture of intoxicating scents. Metal, homemade soap, rainbows and nighttime. I'm probably exaggerating but I can't describe how heavenly he feels, tastes and smells.

Finally we stop for some air. It feels like we were kissing for days but also only just seconds. Basically, whatever it was, it wasn't enough and I need more.

Eyes boring straight into mine, I can read the truth written clearly in his. I can barely see the blue in his eyes anymore, just the jade green rim and the enormous pupil blown wide due to desire.