Chapter Eleven

Have you ever expected something to be so spectacular and you're waiting for it with all your heart but it turns out to be a disappointment?

Hollywood isn't that great. Just huge chunks of fancy metal formed into letters. We couldn't even go near it but just took pictures from the observatory. They came out nice.

We took lots of pictures, Tara and I giggling the entire time and that's what made it fun at least. Julian refused to be in any pictures but Kier forced him to come in one and he did that grudgingly, though he didn't smile. Sometimes I wonder if that guy is even capable of smiling.

We were tired from all that posing and running around so that brings us to now sitting in a small seafood shack, munching on fish sticks. Tara's plate is piled up with loads of food from the unlimited buffet. I eye the dishes around her and wonder what kind of magic is required to be able to eat all that and still remain fit.

Apparently, Brandon is thinking the same thing. His mouth is slightly open as he sees Tara go through her phone as she shovels spoonful of rice at an alarming rate into her mouth.

"Tara, you eat so much and still don't look like a sumo wrestler gone wrong. What kind of diet do you follow?"

Kier snickers and takes a big gulp of his coke, choking on it. Julian sighs tiredly and hits his back- I don't think this is the first time he has done this by the looks of it- and Kier finally gets his breath back.

Tara blinks twice and smiles. "It's a seafood diet." A pause. "I see food and I eat it."

"Love the pun." Brandon mutters and rolls his eyes. "You can be glad I don't eat you."

"I know who you want to eat though." Tara smirks and wiggles her eyebrows suggestively and winks at me.

"Well, I see only one snack here so obviously I'll have that." Brandon smirks and glances at me.

"I'm offended." Tara says with mock hurt. "How dare you consider only me when Kat is super tasty too?"

I smack my forehead. These two have issues.

My cheeks are constantly flaming up these days and now I can't bother to conceal it anyways. Let people know I am blushing. Who cares?

Brandon knows I like him, not that I said it but it was implied the other day and he also implied it. So, I guess it doesn't matter if I blush.

Julian looks as if he wishes he could be anywhere but here. Kier's eyes are as wide as saucers. "Do you guys have no filter?" He stage whispers.

"Filters are for coffees and cigarettes. And I'm neither." Tara replies with snark.

Kier and I exchange looks and glance away before we lose it.

"Well, uhm, about the data I retrieved. Is any of it useful?" I ask, hoping to change the subject.

"Oh yeah." Tara exclaims, tying back her black hair. Her brown eyes shine with excitement as she removes her laptop and sets it up.

"Kieran, could you please connect this wire to the switch?"

He gets up and does as asked and yelps as soon as he plugs in the wire. "Dios. I got electrocuted."

I snicker behind my hand. My brother is such a dork.

Tara rolls her eyes. "How shocking."

Brandon inspects his hand. "How are you currently feeling?"

"It hertz a lot." Kieran sticks his tongue out.

Even Julian can't hold back a grin and I burst out laughing. These are undoubtedly the funniest people I've ever met.

"What is this? Pun day?"