Chapter Ten

The sand gets stuck to my clothes when I lay down. I hear the waves crashing and seagulls screeching. Cheeks reddening, I recall for the hundredth time how Brandon kissed me and I look to the side. He's sleeping just a bit far away under some proper shade and he looks handsome as always. Hand shielding his eyes, his muscles are flexed and his shirt has ridden upwards, exposing his flat stomach. There is also a little bit of drool near his lips.

Adorbs.

Shaking my hair and then tying it up, I stand and stretch, removing all the kinks in my body. My legs are a bit sore (no, we didn't do anything last night; get your mind out of the gutter) and I realize I need to work my body more. All that running really made me feel weak.

The sun is low and the sky is cobalt blue and warm, promising me it's gonna be a lovely evening. I mean, when's the weather not perfect in LA?

The whole day I sat at the beach, looking at the ocean. Not a bad way to spend the day.

Tara kisses my cheek and waves a plate of pancakes under my face. "Tea time, love." She declares in a posh British accent. "Thought you'd be hungry, mate."

As if to prove her point, my stomach rumbles and Tara giggles.

"Where did you get this?" I ask, sitting back down and heaping maple syrup from a packet onto the pancakes.

"There is a diner a few blocks away. Called Julian's Cooking. The food there is mind blowing."

"Hm." I hum, wolfing down the delicious stuff.

"Also," she adds with a smirk. "The waiter there is hot as fuck."

"Please don't tell me he's gay too." I mumble between bites.

Tara cringes and looks away. "With my luck, he might just be. Maybe he won't mind a one night stand."

"One night with you and he will most probably return without his balls."

Laughing, Tara sips some water from a bottle. "I don't think I am that good in bed."

"Shut up." I roll my eyes. "You've been alive for over ten decades, I guess. Your experience is incomparable."

"Right." She says, shaking her head.

"Maybe the hot guy has a girlfriend. He'll leave her for you then. He'll fall in love."

"Love is bullshit. No one falls in love with me. I'm cursed. Not that I care."

I am about to disagree but a voice interrupts.

"Complaining about our love lives, eh? What a lovely way to start conversations. Have you brought me blood?"

Tara looks up at Brandon and grins. "Yes." Tossing her head back, she bares her throat, and I can see a vein throbbing in her neck. Brandon growls. "Fuck you."

"I know you want to."

These two are so amusing to watch. Their banter never fails to entertain me. I hide my smile behind my hand. Jealousy doesn't even occur to me because Tara is my whole world and I know she will never do anything to hurt me. And all they do is just get on each other's nerves.

With a scowl, Brandon looks at my pancakes. "I hated them."

My mouth falls open. "You hated pancakes? What kind of abnormal monster are you? This shit is divine."

He doesn't comment but just sighs and walks away, grumbling about pesky humans.

"Good evening, sister mine."

I turn towards Kieran and wrinkle my nose. "Must you be so formal, Kier?"

He shrugs and grins.

"Also, where were you and Julian this whole day?"