Chapter Twenty Three

Tara and Brandon are fighting again.

"You fucking asshat. How dare you suggest that I leave Skye behind?"

Brandon sighs heavily. "Tara, you stay with her. I told you that a dozen times."

Tara throws her hands up in the air. "Stay in this moldy house and miss all the action? Hell nah."

Leo raises an eyebrow. "Did you just call my house moldy, Miss Desai?"

"Yes, I did, pigface. Now zip it." She turns her attention back to Brandon and shouts more obscenities at him.

I sit on the couch and watch them, wishing I had some popcorn. Leo, with bags under his eyes, beside me, touches his face worriedly. "How can she say that? My handsome face makes all women and some men swoon."

"Sure."

He curls his mouth at the corner. "I even made a song about me.

Wonderful, blue glistening eyes,

lips shaped like a bow

I know you all wonder about the size-"

Clapping my ears close, I glare at him. "Shut up, Leopold. I do not want to know about your size."

Tara sidles up towards us. "I sure would like to know." She wiggles her eyebrows and I roll my eyes, walking away.

After dinner last night, Leo stayed up all night, searching for clues. He woke us up at five in the morning, telling us about the latest advancement in his search.

It's six am and we're all cranky, in our pajamas and with no breakfast.

Skye and Julian are the only ones not affected by everyone's antics. They both sit side by side on the other couch, Skye tapping on the phone, while Julian pays close attention to the screen. I stand as close to them as I can so I can eavesdrop.

"-like this one is so so so so so pretty, but it's so so so costly!" Skye exclaims.

Julian nods. "Your taste is amazing. But yes, it's very pricey. Do you have any other ones?"

"Of course. I'm never underprepared." She says, clicking on another tab.

It's the online ring store we found out about long back. If Julian's looking at rings now, that means the proposal is coming up soon. God, I cannot wait!

Leo claps his hands twice and all chatter stops. Everyone pays rapt attention to him. "It's decided then. We're going to confront my brother at his house."

"What?" Kieran shouts, holding up a dusting cloth. "Why would we do that? It could be dangerous."

"Of course it's dangerous, you moron." I mutter. He gives me a look, before throwing the dust cloth away and standing in front of Leo. "No way are we going there."

Rolling his eyes, Leo glances at Tara. "What do you think?"

She tugs at her lower lip, considering the situation from all sides. "We'll go, but Kat and Skye will stay behind."

I gasp. "Why?" At the same time, Brandon calls out, "I agree."

As if controlled by puppet threads, everyone's head swivels in his direction. Did Brandon just agree with Tara?

He shrugs casually. "Well, I want Kathryn to be safe. She shouldn't be anywhere near that man again. And bonus, Skye gets to be out of danger with her."

Tara blinks. "If both of us have the same opinion, then you should listen to us."

Scoffing, I walk towards Tara and flick her forehead. "I don't agree. He can't do anything with all of you there. Power of friendship, remember?"