Chapter 6 | familiar

Brady's POV

          My attention was focused on that girl. The girl with silky black hair and emerald green eyes which were even darker than my brother's. Her face was soft but everything about her said fire. But a quiet fire. It reminded me of the saying, don't wake a sleeping dragon. 

It was like she was a quiet and innocent girl until someone pissed her off. The aura just radiated off her. I snorted. Yeah, I would make sure not to get on her bad side. If she even talked to anyone. 

A blond girl- what was her name? Tatiana. Right. It was Tatiana. She started coming towards me, swinging her hips and flipping her long hair. The lights reflected her almost perfect skin. I snorted again and flicked her off with a wave of my hand. No.

She pouted from the distance but then went away. She had tried multiple times to get me on her bed. I always refused. She could go to Austin if that was what she wanted. I didn't play.

But then, I was glad she walked away. I promptly sat up. Because the girl and Izzy were coming towards me.

Izzy stopped and stood in front of me in front of me. The emerald eyed girl was behind her. I raised an eyebrow, it seemed like she had dragged the poor girl towards me. Please don't tell me she was another one of those girls. Who thought I could ever like them as well. It wasn't like I didn't like them or hated them. It just got damn annoying. The music lowered down a notch and I sat forward on the couch as Izzy started speaking.

" Brady, do you remember her?" she pointed towards the blushing girl. The lights made her blush seem stronger. Or was it just like that?

" Remember her? How would I remember her? I've never seen her" I said making a weird face at her. Or have I? The thought came unsaid into my mind. As if there was something here I couldn't place. Izzy rolled her eyes,

" Oh you idiot, she was in the same school as us. Do you even remember anyone from Natick except me?" Izzy remarked. 

I glanced at the girl again. Her green eyes went everywhere except on mine. Maybe she was there? Maybe I had seen her? Perhaps that's why she was so flushed, at the thought of a middle school guy being in the same college as her. If we indeed were in the same school, she sure did remember me then. I left in the middle of high school in Natick. Moved to Chicago for a while. Had my heart broken. Then I came here. Since I didn't say anything, Izzy took the chance again,

" You don't. Maybe you need a memory pill. She was in Mrs Jemma's class in fifth, remember? The teacher who gave us M&M's every week? And showed us a movie. The best teacher there was?" Izzy looked at me expectantly. I obviously remembered Mrs. Jemma. I had never been in her class, but that teacher really was the best. I looked at the other girl again. Yeah, now she seemed much more familiar.

" Well, she does seem familiar. But I don't know her. Well, what's her name?" I said.

" I'm right here." the girl said, finally speaking. I was surprised by her voice. It was smooth but not that sweet. Her voice was one that could entrance the guys. Oh, I hoped she knew that she could get any boy on his knees on this campus with a voice and a face like that. 

" I can speak my own name. I have a voice." she said. Izzy grinned from beside her. She was feisty. Good. I liked feisty girls. Not that I particularly liked her. 

" You didn't really speak before, so I thought-"

" Sylvia." she interrupted. " My name is Sylvia Hale." Now I was sure I'd heard that name before. How could I have missed her in school though? I should have remembered. Or maybe, she wasn't one of the popular ones among us. Maybe she was just a sideline girl. But someone so pretty...? I shook the thought out of my head. It was not the time to be thinking like that.

" Hello then Sylvia. My name's-"

" Brady. Yes. I know. I still remember." she said. There was a slight note of irritation in her voice. What did I do now? How could I have remembered every single student from grade 5? I looked at Izzy. She shrugged,

" I still remember her. Even If I never knew her." she said and then smiled at Sylvia, " But now I will. Since I made that mistake before." Sylvia smiled back. Her smile was perfect as well. What? Sylvia, though, seemed to be done with me. She gave me a tight smile,

" Been a pleasure to meet you. Again."she said,and disappeared from my view. Izzy gave me an   amused smile, shrugged and then walked  away as well.

 Izzy gave me an   amused smile, shrugged and then walked  away as well

The couch dipped slightly as someone sat beside me. I knew who it was just by his touch. The touch of his shoulders against mine. He shoved me with his elbow, bringing my attention to him.

" Brades? Who's that girl over there? She's hott." My twin brother said into my ears. My eyes moved in the direction he had pointed to. Her luscious black hair moved around her as she danced. I sighed.

" Sylvia." I responded. " Sylvia Hale."