Chapter 39 | pull me closer

Rebecca's PoV

The world faded out. 

Izzy. My Isabelle.

The music had us in its thrall. Or maybe, It was Izzy who had me in her's.

I could no longer tell anymore. I could no longer tell if anything existed besides her. The hall was filled with people, but to me it was empty. It was just me and my best friend, and we danced in the middle of it all. 

She moved with my rhythm, she moved with my melody. Her hands were featherlight on my waist and shoulders, yet held in a possessive manner. I held her in the same way.

I knew the feelings I felt now, knowing myself a fraction more than I used to.

 I dwelled on it for days. That moment that had happened between us in my room, it had confirmed everything I had thought of. 

Isabelle stared at me through her thick black eyelashes, her slight makeup giving her a magical appearance.

 My eyes suddenly fixated on her lips, the curve of them, how much they drawed me in. I felt her breathing hitch as my hand traveled slightly lower than her waist and to her hips. Holding myself back was an impossibility now.

The desire in Izzy's eyes reflected in my own, and I felt sudden bliss hit me. Her forehead lowered to mine. I pulled her closer to me, so that her chest touched mine.

I wondered what would happen if I connected my lips to those bright red ones. I wanted to just do it.

The music suddenly fastened, turning the dance from a slow waltz to an upbeat dance. I stepped back from her for a moment, but the urge to be closer was mightier than anything.

My best friend. The girl who helped me up whenever I was down.

I knew Izzy like I knew nothing else.

I knew that she always bit her lip when she silently disagreed. I knew her right eye always twitched when she lied. I knew what she felt from inside. I knew how she masked her feelings with humour.

I knew her like I knew the map of my soul.

And I loved her. I had always loved her.

Only the manner of love changed.

Loving, I thought, did not do any justice in books.

It was a feeling so subtle. It was a feeling that made you just want to lock yourself in a room and kiss all day.

I realized it now.

The lights around the hall dulled

The lights around the hall dulled. The ornaments used to decorate the ceiling sparkled above.

My eyes roved Izzy hungrily, and I hoped that she wouldn't catch that look in my eyes.

The moment I had seen her in that green dress, my eyes had widened.

The dress might as well kill me.

The dress was very Izzy.

So I wasn't really surprised per se. I was just... I didn't even know what to describe it as.

Maybe-- I wanted to drag her up to my room and tear it off?

I choked at the thought of it. But it was what I wanted to do.

" Becca" Izzy whispered close to my ear. Her breath was raspy and hoarse. It seemed like she was as much affected as I was.

" What are you doing?" she said the same breathy way. I tilted my neck to look right at her eyes.

" I have no idea" I said. 

I was twirled around by her. When I met her eyes again, those chocolatey orbs immediately undid me. My breathing hitched along with her.

All of a sudden, I felt myself get dragged by the hand. My skin sparked where she grabbed me. Her hand fit into mine like it was supposed to. I wondered why I never felt it before.

 Izzy's dark hair flew behind her as she pulled me out of the hall. We dodged all of the dancing couples that were scattered. 

To my surprise, I didn't ask her where we were going, or what she was doing. I just went along.

The double doors of the hall were open and I had no time to wonder who opened them.

Izzy's heels clanked as we traveled through the hallways. The halls were dark as we slipped through the place. It felt like we were 15 year olds, creeping into places we were not supposed to. 

She pulled me into the closest classroom we encountered. 

" You idiot." she hissed as she shut the door with a slam. I took a step back from her blazing eyes. 

They weren't filled up with anger though, it was something that was different. Lust?

She sighed.

" I can't control myself anymore Becca. So I hope you forgive me for what I am going to do."

I exhaled sharply. I had no words left inside of me.

Just kiss me. Just love me.

And she did exactly that.

My back was arched over a desk as Izzy moved hungrily over me

My back was arched over a desk as Izzy moved hungrily over me. The dark classroom made me feel like I was in a dream.

But it was real. It was so real.

Izzy's lips met mine with such force, I had to keep my elbows on the desk so that I didn't break it. My heartbeat was as fast as hers, which I could feel through the sheer material of her dress.

I kissed her back with as much passion as I could put into it.

Our lips moved in such sync, making me ask myself why I didn't do this before.

Her hands wrapped around me, pulling me as closer as she could have. One of her hands pulled my exposed thigh closer. 

Her dark waves tumbled over me, obscuring any view except her. I only wanted to look at her.

I didn't want this moment to end.

But of course, some moments just have to end. 

As much as we don't want them to.