Chapter 38 | gone

When I awoke, the rays of the sunlight were starting to show, lining the horizon with pink and orange light.

I immediately turned, to find Brady with his eyes still closed, eyelashes touching his cheek like a feather.

There was a sharp tug in my heart as I gazed at him, for once seeing that small boy he used to be.

He was very much shirtless, his suit laying a little far from the tree. I flushed deeply suddenly recalling the actions we had done under the moonlight. I would never regret it though, no matter what happened. 

My heart had been his from the beginning and no matter how much I tried, I couldn't hold back.

Damn the people who told me he'd never look at me.

I wish I could go brag about it to them now.

I know how wrong it was, I just left Austin, then kissed his twin brother. 

I could say I was a 'live in the moment' kind of person, but I knew my actions were wrong although, it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I sat up on the grass, sighing with relief as I saw myself dressed. The slight light of the sun enabled me to look around, making sure we had been concealed from the campus.

I didn't know what I would do if we'd been seen.

But the trees were obscuring, and I found that we were deeper into the woods than I thought.

I really didn't want to think about the consequences of what I did. I wish I could feel the same thing I felt while kissing him. Like all my problems were gone. Like he was the only one there, like the world revolved around both of us.

I wrapped my arms around my waist as the chilly wind blew in. My dress fluttered and I stood up, leaning against the tree for support.

I refused to look at Brady again. The vulnerability on his face while he slept was snapping my heart in two and replacing it back together. 

His lips were slightly pouted, a crease had formed between his eyebrows and forehead. The bad boy aura he so tried to maintain was gone within a snap.

He was so much more than he showed.

And I had the feeling he would only show that part of himself with me.

I recalled those small conversations we had in the past few months. They were all very subtle but builded my affection for him to another level. Every sentence of his, I knew him better than before. 

And I understood I did not know him completely right now either, but I could say I got to know him enough.

A feeling rose up in me that I couldn't quite put a finger on. Or, I was too afraid too. I suddenly pushed the feeling away.

I shut my eyes for a second and opened them, breathing the morning air in. I decided to take a stroll ahead, to see where the trees lead to.

What harm could it do?

My bare feet nimbly stepped over the grass as I walked forward

My bare feet nimbly stepped over the grass as I walked forward. It had only been a few minutes but I could already no longer see the University building.

I started to hear the faint sound of vehicles rumbling. I was sure that the woods were a side companion to one of the main roads. The sun started to appear, and I got bored of walking now. No wonder no one really spent their time just walking in these woods.

A stick snapped under my foot as I turned back.

What would I say to Brady now?

Thoughts started to cloud my head. 

What if this really never meant anything to him? What if he just wanted to fuck his brother's girlfriend out of spite?

 What if he really no longer was that sweet boy I had become infatuated with? 

Or, fallen for. And I would admit, I fell even deeper this time.

My hands slightly trembled as I could no longer stop all of the ridiculous thoughts from entering my brain.

Suddenly, a hand closed on my mouth from behind and I tumbled a step forward. I screamed, my voice echoing through the woods. 

 The hand pulled me back instantly. My hands shot up impulsively and clawed at the huge hand preventing me from screaming out loud. 

Panic and horror filled me, preventing me from thinking logical things. I wretched within the person's grasp but he/she held on tight. I bit the person's hand but nothing could get me out.

My feet weakened as I realized I couldn't do anything.

I fought to no avail.

At last, the person's disgusting voice filled my ears and I let out a silent cry of terror. It was him.

" Now now, how about you stop fighting and silently come with me. I just want to talk. Simply talk." his smelly breath made me snarl onto his palm.

Shut up, I wanted to say, Shut the hell up.

And, for your information, I know exactly where your beloved boyfriend is sleeping. He looks so vulnerable doesn't he? It would be a shame to ruin that angelic face."

I instantly stopped fighting.

Brady's PoV

Brady's PoV

A scream woke me from my dreams.

It was a faint one but it echoed through the woods as if it meant to reach me. My groggy eyes started to take in the surroundings, the trees, the grass.

Before I could even process the night's actions, I stood up. The scream had come from ahead.

Who could have been as foolish enough to walk that far?

I was sleepy enough not to realize that if someone had walked ahead, they would have seen us as well. I was too tired to think about what I had done.

Tugging my white shirt on, which lay just beside me, I started to turn towards Sylvia.

The scream was so familiar....

Sylvia. Via.

The empty grass beside me was like a jolt through my body.

I shuddered, all my sleepiness gone. Dread seized me completely.

It was like my heart ceased beating.

She was gone.