Chapter 46 | back to you

My hands were trembling. The blurred objects around me faded slowly and I backed away. 

I could see several men pulling Nova and Charter out of the door. My feet swayed, and my knees couldn't bear my weight anymore.

Exhaustion came over me. 

I dropped into someone's arms and a warm feeling bubbled over me; and just as I said,

'Brady'--

The world went black.

Things happened. 

My father was hell mad. 

He had flown a plane over right the second he heard a snippet of what had happened. The police must have told him. Everyone must have been surprised he knew not a piece of information on all of this.

 He screamed at the police, however unreasonable it was.

I couldn't get myself to look at him. For some reason, as much as I wanted to drop myself in his embrace and cry my heart out, I felt guilty.

Guilty for what had happened and I never told him. The true reason for his wife's death. I kept it all from him.

And I saw how much distress it brought him.

It was the evening of the next day. The time had passed by with me sleeping, and waking up at peculiar times only to know of what was happening out of strange conversations.

My dad entered my room with a small click on the door. 

He ran his hands through his graying hair as he settled on the foot of my bed.

I peered at him through my hooded eyes. He said nothing. I said nothing.

For a moment, everything was serene.

" The police have started their search. For--" dad's voice cracked. 

He couldn't say the name.I knew the feeling.

" Him." He swallowed and scooched closer to me, I knew what he was about to say. 

" Sylvia. Why couldn't you have told me?" his voice had so much desperation and sadness in it, that my heart broke. 

" He threatened me! He threatened to kill you!"

" And you believed him."

I almost started sobbing. I gasped for air. 

" You have no idea. Of course I fucking believed him! There was absolutely no mercy in his eyes."

" Language--"

" Are you going to tell me off for language right now!?" I screeched.

After all that I had gone through, I thought he would at least understand.