Chapter 9 | beach

My head was still not wrapping around the fact that I was in a Red Porsche with Austin Ashford. Izzy tried to strike up a conversation with me, but I guess I was too bewildered to say anything, again.

I had no idea where we were headed, but I trusted these guys...a little bit. And a little bit is a lot for me. Rebecca sat beside me and was on the edge of laughing at me the whole time. I scowled at her. I was never friends with a rich guy with equally rich looks. Like her. However, envy didn't rise up in me at the thought. 

Maybe because I was also in the car. With the rich guy.

***

We stopped at a beach. My eyes widened at the length of it. Sandy color was all I could see at first, in the car. But when we stopped and parked, I could see the deep blue ocean as well. Like Brady's eyes. I almost choked. No more. I said to myself more sternly. Rebecca grinned at me and motioned to get out of the car.

Stepping out, I felt the smell of the sea reach my nose. The windy weather made my hoodie press against me. Rebecca and Austin sprinted into the sand, but me and Isabelle stayed behind, walking like sloths.

" They both are crazy over beaches. Especially this one. Well, it is the nearest. So it's the only one they can go to." Izzy said.

" I heard blonde guys really like the beach. You know, cause it fits their hair." I said. Just for the sake of saying something. Which was stupid. 

" That is so not true." laughed Izzy. I shrugged and smirked. Of course it wasn't. 

" By the way, what are you studying-?" I started,

" Fashion Design" Izzy interrupted. She stared at the distance in a dreamlike way.

" Fashion has always been my passion." she said and winked. I grinned and both of started running towards the sand. 

We sat on the sand for a while, after which Austin thought it was a great idea to drag me into the sea

" Come on!" he encouraged, " It'll be fun."

" There are other fun things than this." I said,

" I am open to more fun things we can do" he said suggestively, very suggestively. " But that's probably for later, unless..." I shook my head.

" I really don't want to get wet." I said.

" You'll get wet either way darling-" Austin started grinning like an idiot,

" Don't you finish that sentence" Izzy hissed and clamped a hand on his mouth. Rebecca laughed and I rolled my eyes. The ocean was wide in front of me, its waves clashing against each other.

" Actually, you know what, I'll come." I said. Rebecca clapped her hands enthusiastically and ran into the sea. I followed.

***

Time flew. Before we knew it, the sky had started to darken. I was wet to the bone and shivering. However, I had a big smile on my face. 

Austin repeatedly pulled me into the water along with him. A shirtless Austin. He didn't have huge manly muscles. But nevertheless, his body was one which made the girls drool. And those droplets of water on it.... Austin smirked at me, seeing where my eyes were going. I quickly averted them.  I saw Rebecca in the distance swimming just by herself away from all of us.

" She likes to be alone in the ocean." Austin had said.

Meanwhile, Izabelle just lay on the sand, her hand on her forehead. Like she was tanning, except the sun wasn't overhead anymore. Austin shoved me with his elbow.

" What?" I snapped almost instinctively. Then I realized that snapping at Austin Ashford wouldn't do good for me. A red tinge started going up my cheeks as I opened my mouth to apologize. But Austin beat me,

" Let's bury Izzy. She looks like she's asleep." he said. I looked at him incredulously,

" What are we, 5 year olds?" I said. He grinned and just pulled me along onto the sand. 

Izzy was indeed asleep. Her long lashes fluttered against the ocean wind. She looked peaceful. And we were about to ruin that.

" Are we sure we wanna do this?" I asked Austin doubtfully. He rolled his eyes playfully at me and gestured to start.

" If she gets dirty and mad, I'm going to tell her it was your idea." I said a bit of warning in my voice. He winked,

" I give you permission. It was mine anyway." he said and grabbed a handful of sand. I bit my lip. I'm sorry Izzy. And pushed a mountain of sand on top of her.

We both started burying her fast. Surely, Izzy was somewhat awake already. She just wasn't aware of what was happening. Both of us started laughing. We couldn't help it.

" Isabelle Cary Jones, is now buried beneath the earth" Austin said, mimicking a minister's deep voice. I laughed even louder. My eyes met his. Green ones, but a shade lighter than my dark ones. He winked and I smiled at him.

Izzy suddenly at that moment found out what was happening. She sat up and the sand dropped. I heard her shriek like a little girl.

" What the fuck? Austin!" She screamed when she saw his face hovering over hers. Austin's eyes widened, and before Izzy could tackle him, he sprinted. Oh he was smart. Very smart. Izzy turned her glower towards me and I held my hands up in surrender.

" All his idea," I said. She gave me a look that said, I'll deal with you, later, and ran after a very fast Austin. I stared as they ran round and round the sand. 

Izzy still had sand stuck to her body. I could imagine how that felt. Eeek.

Suddenly, Austin started running towards me with Izzy in tow. I shook my head at him. No. Not me. It was all his idea wasn't it? Nonetheless, Austin grabbed my hand and pulled me along the sprint. I let out a small scream.

" Syvia Hale, darling seductress, Please defend me. I beg you. I'll take you on a date. Please." he begged me. 

My heart stopped for a beat. Take me on a date? Now that was something that I needed. Whether it was from an Ashford brother or not.

I stopped both of us and he bent behind my back like a scared puppy. Scared of Isabelle. It was almost humorous. An eighteen year old boy having to hide behind me.  Except for Izzy's expression, that certainly wasn't. I faced her as she sprinted to us. And stopped right in front of me.

" Give me Austin" she said in a deathly calm voice. I bit my inner cheek,

" Um- no?" I said quietly. She looked at me intensely and I almost moved away. Austin gripped my hoodie so hard it could rip off. I gulped at Izzy's furious eyes. Then, she broke into a toothy smile.

" I'm letting you go right now." she said, a little extra sweetly, "But I know what revenge is Ashford. And I use it." she said and flaunced away. I was frozen in place. Austin emerged from my back and his arm brushed mine. When my trance fell apart I looked at him pointedly.

" I saved you." I said and raised my eyebrows. He gave me a thankful smile at first, but then a cocky grin took its place.

" I guess I owe you a date then."