Chapter 43 | final teardrop

Sylvia's PoV

Before the police ambush...

Everything seemed to concentrate on this man now. The warehouse was silent for a moment, only the faint sound of birds chirping outside and our breathing.

I waited for my answer for a long while, after which he spoke,

" She was my fiance"

The statement itself was enough to make my stomach turn with enough shock that I felt like gagging. The ties on my hands never felt more tighter than they already were.

My mom fell in love with this person?

But I didn't react. I kept my blank facade on as he continued,

" She was my fiance. She was the love of my life."

I wanted to interrupt with a - oh then I see exactly why she left you. But I couldn't form words at the moment.

" She loved me and I loved her. We had everything. I had everything. And I was ready to give it all to her."

He choked on his own words. There was pain in them, as much as I had thought of him heartless.

But there was that small fact we didn't want to exclude-

" You killed her." I breathed, my voice small. Sudden pain rose up. The ache inside me widened until it could no longer hold it up. Everything I had kept in the bottle erupted.

" You killed her!" I screamed. " You put a bullet in her. And she died. She'll never come back. Do you even realize that?" I choked on my own sob as I felt a salty tear trickle down my cheek. But I kept it going,

"And then you claim to love her!? How dare you--"

" Do you think I feel no guilt?" he boomed. The metal rattled--or I think it did. " I have to live with it everyday--that I killed the woman I love."

" You deserve it. You deserve to die just like her." I hissed furiously. I wanted to kill him. Shoot a bullet through him just like he did my mother. I had no mercy for him. And I never will.

He brought his disgusting face closer to mine. His arms locked onto the pole behind me as he leaned in close enough for me to see each ugly corner of his face.

" But you see, I don't regret it. There is the part of me which rejoices in killing her. She betrayed me. She left me and all that we had.'' His breath was close to my face.

I actually gagged this time.

" Get the fuck away from me" I hissed. He got up and straightened the lapel of his shirt. Each and every emotion I had seen on his face dissapeared into the same cold bloodsucking vampire he was. I couldn't see how my mom managed to say yes to him.

" You were supposed to be my daughter. My daughter I had with Amelia. But she ran off with that bastard and had you."

My breathing hitched almost unhealthily. My heart seemed to stop.

" I guess she was right to do that then."

" Don't you see? You are the result of my mistakes. Mistakes I made to let her go."

" Oh wow. Someone is admitting their mistakes." I said my teeth clenched in a painful way. "How about you get to the point now. I know this isn't about me."