Chapter 49 | the last game

Brady's PoV

My heart rate was increasing every damn minute. At this rate, I would likely have a heart attack by the end of the day.

Today was the day I was going to ask Sylvia Hale to be my girlfriend.

Today was also officially the first soccer match I would be playing after joining the Merlac team.

I was dressed up, ready in my gear. But I did not want to enter the field yet. I had some time before that.

My brain was panicking, thinking of every incident which could go wrong.

Leigh, my past girlfriend-- the demonic human being in my life who had ruined everything blooming inside of me-- had once cheered for me at a soccer game. 

She had screamed and whooped, and then I would go kiss her in the end.

I didn't want to picture that.

And I no longer could. Not since Sylvia came into my life.

Leigh had loved soccer as much as I did, or so I thought. I have no idea whether a thing she said was the truth. But I was rather content not knowing anymore.

I paced back and forth across my small dorm room. Running my hands down my face, I was going to open the door--

" Brades." Austin's pale skin reflected the sun shining from the window.

" Austin. You scared me."

He smirked.

" Did I, now?"

" Nope." I sighed.

Austin grinned, closing the door behind us in one swift motion. His cheekbones looked even more sharp, or maybe it was the lighting. 

His sparking light green eyes reflected my face on it.

Sometimes I wondered how Sylvia could've ever loved me when he was there.

Though the pain of it all still created aching pulses now and then. I knew she was suffering from the same as well.

We both did our best to mend everything.

" Aren't you going to ask Sylvia to be your girlfriend today?" Austin asked. There was no sadness, malice or anger in his voice. Simply curiosity, and if I heard correctly, a bit of excitement.

I did not suppose Austin was completely over Sylvia by now, but he was certainly trying.

" Yeah," I quickly said. My breath hitched.

" And you're panicking."

" Nope my heart is just simply beating too much for a normal person, but that's okay isn't it?" I wanted to scowl at him, but I refrained from doing that.

Of course I was panicking.

I've never felt this way about a girl before, not even Leigh.

Not anyone.

" Yeah that's called panicking." Austin checked his watch.

" You have 5 minutes before the game starts. Better get down there quick."