Chapter 42 | bleeding inside

The sky was beginning to turn red and gray as the sun set. It seemed like the sky was bleeding, just like I was.

We were currently at the spot where they suspected she got 'taken'.

Via probably had just decided to take a walk ahead into the woods. I never told the police what exactly we were doing out here, but I supposed they got the hint because they asked no more of it.

I suspected it was the same guy who I had beaten up to the tooth in the collage dorm building. But of course, I wasn't sure.

But I swear if it was the same dude, I am going to beat that shit to peices he wouldn't even remember his own fucking name.

The cops were talking with Becca and Izzy. I couldn't really function with a damn hand, so I just stood away from them.

We had told the headmaster confidentially about this and called the cops right after the 24 hours ended. I didn't think I was even alive for those hours. I had no idea what happened.

I still don't know what the fuck is happening.

When Becca had told me where they--the police, believed Sylvia to be, I instantly got ready to go there. I almost jumped onto my toes.

A warehouse.

I wouldn't take any protests. Even if it was from the cops.

I was the one who let her slip from my hands. Multiple times. So many times I let her go.

Sometimes I wished I knew her better in middle school. I wished I could've fallen for her just then and so many things wouldn't have happened. 

I wished I didn't let her slip from me. Not when she was already mine.

It didn't matter anymore though. All I cared about was getting her back.

And I would be the one to get her back.

Thankfully, the police said two of us could come along, and if things got messy-which they hoped wouldn't happen- we would bolt to safety

I obviously was the first one to volunteer. Austin refused to glance at me. His back was turned to me. My chest pained to a double level.

I exhaled sharply.

I would fix things with him later. Right now, only Via mattered.

Becca was the other one that volunteered. Her light brown hair flew in the wind as she raised her chin and looked at the police with determined eyes.

They agreed and had some small conversation within themselves.

Once they turned to us, they told us--me and Becca, to get into their jeep. Izzy gave Becca a hard embrace and looked at me with sharp eyes,

" I trust you. Bring them both back." was all she said. I took a deep breath.

" I will."

A promise I hoped to keep. For my sake. Because I didn't know what I would do if Via--I could even finish the sentence in my head. I squared my shoulders.

This was all dirty business. But I would do anything for this girl.

And I would bring her back.

The jeep was parked next to the curb of the street

The jeep was parked next to the curb of the street. I saw the old warehouse the police mentioned. It was a pretty small one, stuffed at the end of a narrow alley. There was a lot of space around it though. It was like a metal thing in the center of a garden.

The police took out their huge black gun's. They were fascinating. Bummer I couldn't get one. It would've been a nice feeling, shooting the person who took Via from me.

The warehouse was apparently open, and it caused a dark pit of fear to suddenly appear inside me. The police entered first, telling me and Becca to wait outside.

The sudden bad feeling started to extend all over my body. Becca looked at me with as much concern as she could muster in her eyes.

" Brady. Are you okay?" she asked timidly.

" No." I muttered. " Oh gods, Becca, I have this bad feeling--"

A shout came from inside the warehouse and me and Becca instantly entered it. Just as my feet entered the structure, I knew there was no one in it except us.

They were gone.

Or they weren't here in the first place.

My stomach dropped. My hands started to tremble. No.

She was supposed to be here.

Becca grabbed my hand and dragged me up to a cop. He had dark brown skin and long hair reaching his shoulders. He was the closest to the entrance.

" What's happening?" Becca fervently asked him.

He shook his head and said nothing. My stomach sank completely. I swallowed.

There was definitely something wrong here.

After a second, he looked at me. I suppose he saw something there that he pointed us to the police in the center with something in his hands. Becca gave him a grateful smile and we headed there.

Once we reached the guy in the middle--I think he was the leader or something (I hadn't listened to nothing.)

He had blonde hair and the signature tough cop look in him. He seemed to be holding a piece of paper in his hands.

When he lifted his eyes, there was sadness in them. My breathing suddenly quickened.

" I'm sorry, boy." he said. He shook his head and handed the piece of paper into my hands. I took it, not knowing what else to do. My hands were shaking.

" What happened?" asked Becca.

The cop looked away. Oh gods. No no. No. Please don't tell me--

" The letter's yours" he said, looking at me with dark brown eyes. Then walked away, leaving me with a fucking peice of paper. I felt like screaming my throat out.

I opened the small note up, and instantly recognized the writing. There was a drop of red in the corner, but I refused to think of what I had been thinking. I took a deep breath and read.

The first sentence made me drop to knees. The world around me crumbled to dust.

Dear Brady,

I am probably going to be gone from this world by the time you read this--and I hope you read this.....