Chapter 24 | the feeling remains

Sylvia's PoV

This was just simply absurd.

My fingers on the black and white keys moved faster and faster. Instead of a calm soothing tune I was expected to play, an angry furious melody started to form.

I had seen the truth in Brady's eyes when he had said that he hadn't come here to take the life out of me purposefully.

Well, it wasn't like he knew he could be the death of me.

I didn't want him to be the death of me.

There was a small portion of me--or maybe a little larger portion- who was thrilled to see Brady. Her insides floated to heaven when he came and sat down beside her. When she heard he was the one she'd be working with. She was infatuated.

All over again.

I refused to believe that it was the me now. It was just the 12 year old stupid little girl inside me feeling all that. Feeling as if Brady would ever notice her when all those years had gone by without him even glancing at her.

I bet he was only ever looking at me now since his dear brother was dating me.

Not that it made any difference.

I was still annoyed.

Time flew by as Charter and I started preparing some things for our project. We started changing the chords. Practicing to see if they were right, and made some calls.

Brady didn't contribute much, only came in when necessary. It was still his first day. Charter only wanted him to get the feeling of it first. Tomorrow, he would have to work his head off.

As time went by, I learned that his musical talent was vocals and guitar. Although I would never admit it, his voice was as mesmerising as he was himself.

It was like I couldn't ever get enough of it.

Charter kept on encouraging Brady to sing more, so, for the ending 20 minutes, all we did was listen to Brady sing. We recorded some of the stuff--actually, all of it. 

There was pure perfection carved into his voice.

And boy, I had no problem with it.

As the closing time came, Charter told us what we'll be doing tomorrow.

Working together

Working with the Brady Ashford.

Either my luck had gone so high that it touched the sky, or my luck had gone lower than hell.

After all, He was as dangerous as the devil.

Plentifull of that aura came out of him.

I rolled my eyes as Brady kept smirking at me, at the mention of both of us working very well together. Charter was pretty excited about it.

It was doubtful. Considering how much in denial I was.

Wait, No.

Thoughts that came without your permission was the worst.

I wasn't in denial.

Denial only came when you liked a person.

We both left the studio at the same time. The weather outside was a cloudy and chilly one. It was unusual here but entirely possible. Already into October we were.

I really wanted to go back home for the winter. Since there was no snowfall in LA.

However, it didn't seem like I could go. The curriculum already had me packed and busy.

It was a bummer.

The sound of our footsteps were the only thing around. The studio was pressed into a narrow road far from the main one. No cars or sounds seemed to come here. It was a peaceful place, although sometimes it got gloomy.

I put my hands in the thin sweater I was wearing. I glanced at Brady. He was wearing his signature black leather jacket. I was sure that it was so much warmer. He also had his own signature smirk on. I snorted, not wanting to think if it was mannerly or not.

I no longer cared about how I was in front of these people anymore.

They were rich. So? Would they bite me? Put me in jail?

Damn my 'reputation'

I started going the other way, towards the bus station once we reached the end of the road.  Brady was supposed to go the other way. A few cars zoomed past us.

I didn't know if I should say  bye to Brady or not. Would he care?

I opened my mouth anyway to say it, but he beat me.

His deep blue eyes fixated onto mine as he chirped,

" Hey. You know, if you want a ride, you can come with me." he smirked a bit more, evilly "It's costless."

He started to laugh at himself. Likely amused by what he had said. 

Oh, he definitely knew what he was saying.

Of course, he was just saying that he could give me a ride, on his vehicle, but I couldn't help but think of the other meaning.

Gosh. Sometimes I really hated double meanings.

I hoped he couldn't see the pink staining my cheek.

" No it's fine. I'll just take the bus" I mumbled. Just as I was beginning to turn around, he grabbed my arm. The tingling sensations returned, even though there was a cloth between our skin.

" Hey, listen, seriously. Austin might just kill me if I don't take you back. Just come on. It's not like I'll kidnap you." he said, insisting hard.

" We never know," I said. I raised my chin and steadily looked at him. His face towered over me. I saw the trace of a smile on his lips. Not a smirk. Not a crooked, cocky grin.

A true smile.

" Right. We don't. But sometimes you just gotta leave it, and trust. Besides, I'm not a complete stranger."

" That's debatable."

" What did you say?"

" Nothing. Whatever."

" So does that mean your coming? With me?"

I snorted but then sighed. I knew I would give over. 

" Yeah, I guess. I mean, we don't want Austin to commit a crime by killing you right?" I almost laughed at the idea, " Not that he would actually do it."

" I'm pretty sure he would."

I rolled my eyes. He grinned.

That small trace of a true smile was still there. I wanted to make it visible.

 I wanted him to show it. 

I shook my head.

" Fine then. Just this once."