Chapter 31 | soccer player

Sylvia's PoV

I called out Rebecca's name just as I pushed open the slightly ajar door of our room.

After the studio closed for the day, Brady had quickly dropped me off, and then practically ran away. As if I was some unlikeable burden he had to carry. It was annoying, but most of all, it sent a shot of pain down my chest.

When I entered, I saw Izzy and her embracing tight against the wall. They had their arms around each other, with Becca pushed against the wall. Izzy's head was buried in the crook of her neck.

What were they doing against the wall? Wasn't there so much space to have a hug if they wanted to?

I swerved the thought away- they were best friends. They could do anything they wanted. They were crazy enough to do it in the stomach of a demon if they had to.

" Hello. Izzy. Becca." I greeted as I slid my sneakers off. They broke apart slowly and then turned to me. Izzy immediately gave me her bright grin. Rebecca though, gave me a small smile. She looked dizzy for some reason, even though her eyes were bright and vibrant.

" Hey Sylvia" Izzy welcomed, instead of Becca. Who wasn't saying anything. It wasn't unusual of her, but nonetheless concerning.

" What were you doing up against the wall?" I asked. I couldn't help but think of the wall Brady had smashed. The small dent created by those strong hands. I inhaled sharply and shook the thoughts away.

Both of them seemed to tense slightly at the question. I squinted. There was something up here. I realized enough. Just not what exactly was up.

Izzy responded,

" Becca gave me an early christmas present." her hand shot to her neck, where I saw a beautiful golden necklace. 

It was a butterfly, decorated by extremely ornate carvings. Just like my piano. But he's had that kind of antique aura to it.

I suddenly realized it was the same one that Becca wore.

That was why it is so personal for her.

Maybe that was why they were up against the wall, hugging so hard.

Yeah, sure. That would be normal.

" It's so nice isn't it?" Izzy said with so much emotion in her voice, my throat dried with the reply.

" Yeah. It really is" I managed. Becca smiled softly at me.

I slowly smiled back, but not without another narrowing of the eyes.

Just then, between the silence, Izzy spoke up.

" So, this night...me and Becca were thinking of..."