'Draken'(Chapter 20)

Spoilers for episode 9/10. This chapter isn't following anyone in particular so it'll bounce between Mikey, Draken, and (Y/N).

Two weeks have passed since their fight. Neither of the two have even attempted to talk to each other. The festival is only three days away and (Y/N) doesn't know if she even wants to go anymore. The whole thing with Mikey has gotten her into a sour mood lately. She would much rather sit around in a deserted corner with Draken. Talking to him is almost therapeutic. Draken listens to what she has to say. He comforts her when she needs it. It's crazy to think about how five months ago they barely even talked, let alone got along. Now, they talk every single day. For (Y/N), it's hard to imagine a day without speaking to Draken.

At first, she wasn't mad at Mikey, but after a few days her irritation with him seemed to swell. Now, she can't even think about Mikey without becoming irritated. Why does he have to ignore her just because she doesn't want to join Toman? (Y/N) can't understand him, and therefore she hasn't put any effort into mending the cracks in their relationship. Draken and Mitsuya have been desperately trying to get them to talk since that afternoon in which their last words to each other were said, but they still haven't made any progress in getting the two to make up. Mikey is mad that (Y/N) won't join Toman and (Y/N) is mad that Mikey is mad about it.

Draken's completely stopped mentioning Mikey while the two are hanging out. Anytime he does, the anger inside of (Y/N) bubbles up to the surface and she becomes rather irritated. Draken's learned to only mention Mikey when he's about to leave.

Neither of them want to be fighting, but neither of them want to apologize. To (Y/N), she has absolutely nothing to apologize about. Weather she's right or wrong, Mikey isn't willing to apologize for ignoring her over it, so the two continue to ignore each other.

Draken had thought their friendship would repair itself, but after the first week it became clear that wasn't going to happen. He thought it dumb for them to not be on speaking terms over something so small, but he can't find a way to help them with what's happening.

"What is there we can do?" Asks Mitsuya. He leans his head over the side of the couch to look at Draken.

"Dunno. This predicament obviously isn't going to sort itself out. What is there that we can do?" Draken questions. He looks at Mitsuya and then Takemichi, who is also sat on the couch. The three of them are the ones who are closest to (Y/N) and Mikey. The three had realized that they need to help (Y/N) and Mikey, so now they sit around in the front room of Takemichi's house trying to work out an idea.

"I honestly don't know." Says Takemichi. He rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Draken sighs, sitting down beside Mitsuya.

"Maybe," Mitsuya says "we can have them meet up at the festival. Those two are just about the same person. They both have that personality... it's hard to explain. Do you understand what I mean?" Takemichi and Draken nod, so he goes on. "Maybe if they're having fun at the festival then they'll just automatically start goofing off like they usually do."

"That's an idea." Says Draken. "It's all we really have right now, so I guess we can do that then."

***

"The festival? No, I decided not to go." Says Mikey.

"What?" Exclaims Mitsuya.

"I don't have any reason to go so why should I?" Asks Mikey. He walks over to his bed and sits down on the usual pile of blankets in the middle of his bed.

"Well, Draken and I are gonna be there. You could hang out with us—"

"No thanks. I have business to attend anyways."