'Odd' (Chapter 31)

No spoilers or TWs.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Wait for me here, okay?" Says Draken. (Y/N) nods, playing with the string on his jacket that's she's wearing.

She sits down on a bench and flips out her phone. She grins at the picture of her and Draken that is her background as she checks the time. They've been out shopping for an hour now. Draken was helping (Y/N) pick out outfits. He would tell her what looks cute and what doesn't.

"I know you."

She doesn't recognize the voice so she ignores it, assuming that the man is talking to someone else.

"(Y/N)-Chan, is it?" He says. She slowly turns to look at him. Her heart stops for a mere second when she recognized the face. She can't remember his name, however the hand tattoos are unforgettable. She remembers this guy. He's one of the reasons she almost lost Draken.

"If murder was legal then I would kill you."

"Woah, you're an aggressive one, eh?" Comments the man. "I'm gonna assume that means you remember me, but just incase you need a little refresher, my names Hanma."

"I don't give a fuck what your name is—"

"So rude!" Hanma says. He shakes his head, his hand reaching out to tough her face. She stands up, backing away from his touch.

"Don't touch me."

Ignoring her, he grabs her wrist. He begins pulling her down the road behind him, ignoring the way she claws at his hand and try's to pull her arm free. Once she finally pulls herself free she stumbles backwards, running into Draken. He grips her shoulder, a deep scowl on his face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Shouts Draken. His voice is cold. (Y/N) feels immediate relief when she sees Draken. She knows she can't take on someone who stands a chance against Mikey. Draken holds their bags in one hand and her arm in the other.

"Oh, is she your girl? Sorry, she was practically begging me to—"

"Shut the fuck up. You should learn to respect women." Draken says coldly. "Don't ever touch (Y/N) again or I will kill you."

"Ooh, so scary." Hanma says in a mocking tone. "I'll do as I please. Respect women? You're in a gang, act like it." Hanma laughs.

"Being in a gang doesn't mean I have to be a shitty person." Draken snaps. Hanma grins at his infuriated expression.

"Like you look at her as anything more than a distraction."

(Y/N) glances up at Draken. He looks truly offended. He flexes his hand around her arm for a moment before pulling her along down the street.

"Running away now? Aren't you gonna stand up for your girl?" Calls Hanma. Draken continues on walking.

"Don't look at him." Draken murmurs as (Y/N) tries to glance over her shoulder. "No respect at all. God, I wish I was an idiot. Then I would be able to fight him."

"What? What do you mean?" Asks (Y/N).

"I want to beat him up, but it'll only have negative effects for us and Toman." Says Draken. "Now isn't the time for fighting. I really hate the way he talks about you though."

"It's... fine." Says (Y/N).

"No it fucking isn't!" Shouts Draken. He scowls at her. When he sees the look on her face his scowl disappears. His heart drops. He shouldn't be snapping at her. It's not her fault. "Sorry."

"Yeah." She mumbled. She knows he didn't mean for it to come off as rude, but it still stung a little to have him yelling at her.

"I can take you home." Mumbles Draken. He frowns at himself. Guilt and shame fills his eyes, his voice, and his heart. How could he yell at the one person he loves? The reason he's mad in the first place is because someone else was rude to her.