'The Worst Outcome' (Chapter 36)

No TWs but episode 19-20 spoiler

"She'll be fine."

"We shouldn't risk anything!" Draken slams his fist down on the table. (Y/N) jumps slightly and sneaks a glance in his direction.

"We need her tomorrow." Mikey sighs. He rubs his face and sighs deeply before looking at his friend. "We can't fight Valhalla without our best fighters out there. As a member of Toman (Y/N)-Chin needs to be there."

"No I don't want her there!" Draken shouts. He's absolutely fuming with rage. "I can't believe you!"

"Ken-Chin, I don't want to risk (Y/N)-Chin getting hurt either but it isn't up for debate. If she's willing to fight she'll be out there fighting with us." Mikey says. He locks his gaze on Draken's. "Mitsuya will be out there. So will Takemitchy. Do you not care about them as much as (Y/N)-Chin?"

"No, I don't. I can't lose her—"

"Ken." (Y/N)'s voice shakes slightly as she speaks. She hadn't even been asked for her input. "I'm not weak. Everyone else is going to be out there so I will too." She looks up at Draken. His eyes soften a little when he sees the upset look on her face.

"(Y/N), please—"

"It's not up for debate, like Mikey said, I'm going to be there and I'm going to be fighting." Says (Y/N). "You're just like Hinata."

Draken stares down at her with an unreadable expression. She wonders what he's thinking. When she thinks of losing him again she begins to feel lightheaded, yet she had never once tried to convince him to not fight. She knew it wouldn't work so therefore there was absolutely no reason to even try.

She's plenty nervous about the fight and seeing him so distraught over her presence at the fight makes her feel even worse.

"Just... be careful, okay?" Murmurs Draken. He twists around in his seat so that he can rest his hands on her shoulders. "If you get hurt then I'll beat the shit out of... someone."

"I'm not dumb. I'll be fine." Replies (Y/N). Draken nods slightly with a still fearful look in his black eyes.

"Let's get going Ken-Chin." Says Mikey. Draken gives (Y/N) a quick forehead kiss before hurrying behind Mikey out of the apartment.

And now (Y/N) is left completely alone with her thoughts. Having nothing better to do she decides she might as well go to sleep so that she'll be ready for tomorrow.

It takes her awhile to fall asleep that night, but when she does....

***

She's running, but where is she going? There are people around, but she can't get a good glimpse at the full picture of this event. Pressing onwards and and shoving men out of her way, she makes her way through the crowd of people. She doesn't know what's telling her to come this way, but it feels impossible to stop now.

Someone needs her and she can feel it.

Kazutora. He's running too. She can't see him but she knows he's there. What is he doing here? Where even is she?

A man tries to stop her, but slams her fist into his face and easily pushes him to the side. She feels like the situation is becoming more and more tense. It's starting to feel like a race. (Y/N) VS Kazutora. But where are they going?

She sees him now as the cluster of people starts to clear out a little. Her eyes lock on him as she presses herself forward. Where is he going? She turns her eyes forward towards where their paths will intertwine and then she sees it, or rather him.

Baji.

She can feel her heart drop when she sees him and also the knife in Kazutora's hand. Just looking at the sharp object she can immediately figure out what's about to happen.

Kazutora is going to kill Baji. She knows it.

"Takemichi!" She shouts. He looks her way just as Kazutora brings the knife down on Baji.

Suddenly everything begins to spin and her vision goes blank. Is Baji dead? If she had gotten there faster would it not have happened? What is even happening?

***

She sits up in her bed, breathing heavily. What was that? A vision? Is it even possible to have visions of the future? Last time she had seen something like that was when Draken got stabbed.

She felt stupid, but she fully planned on taking the dream seriously. If it really was the same as the dream about Draken, which had came true, then she needs to save Baji. Tomorrow she will protect him. Her focus changes from everyone to just Baji.

He's her friend after all.

The real question is what does she do with this? Does she tell Mikey or Draken? No, they'll think she's insane. What if it's helpful information? She's strong enough on her own so maybe she can save Baji. But what if she messes up?

She's starting to look at tomorrow's, or rather today's, fight in a different way. All she knows though is that she needs to go back to sleep. She can't possibly save Baji if she's not at her best.

But she will save him. No matter what the risks are,  losing him can only have the worst outcome.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Word count: 1,001

The fights coming up soon. Are you guys excited?

Sorry this chapter is a bit short I had one finished and I was going to publish it but then I changed my mind and I'm going to be changing basically everything I had already planned to happen.

Will Baji die? I already know the answer for the fanfic and the actual show, but tell me what you guys think will happen. The actual chapter is almost done being written. I just have to go through and edit.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter :))

Upvotes/ Comments/ Follows are very much appreciated <33