ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24. ᴡᴏʀʀɪꜱᴏᴍᴇ ɴᴇᴡꜱ

Tw: small description of a panic/anxiety attack

Mark's POV

Mark lied in his bed. His eyes felt heavy, threatening to fall at any moment. His phone read 2:53 in the morning.

Tw starts:

Even if it was late, Mark couldn't slow his heartbeat. He felt sick to his stomach.

Mark could feel his fingers trembling as the room around him felt like it was closing in. It felt like he had 10 people all laying on his chest at once.

He had no idea why this was happening, but he knew exactly what it was. Mark had only had a few panic attacks before, but he could tell.

All his stress had been bottled up for weeks, and was finally affecting him. Ophelia, the HoneyBear drama, his doxxing, and now the fear of his name being on the media.

Mark was relatively good at handling panic attacks, and had been getting more and more frequent. He lied down for bit longer and tried to steady his breathing.

After a few minutes, he managed to calm down a bit, at least enough to fall asleep. He shut his eyes and fell asleep, glad to finally get rest.

Tw ends:

...

Mark grabbed his earphones and headed out the door. He decided to go on a small walk in the city to forget about the night before.

He shuffled one of his playlists and started walking.

He made his way to the old playground near the park. Passing a few people on they way, he couldn't help but feel their eyes on him at all moments. He pulled up his mask a little more and kept going.

The eyes around him became more frequent as he entered the same cafe he met Ophelia in.

Mark got the calming smell of the shop and sat down by the window. He could hear a few girls next to him pointing him out.

He could only hear bits of their conversation, but he picked up a little bit. "That guy... a little like ranboo.. -right?" one girl asked.

Mark began to tremble as the other girls at the table looked towards him. They got up from their seats and made their way to Mark.

"Hey.. Are you ranboo?" a girl with long blonde hair asked. A girl with short black hair slapped her arm.

"Sorry, she just thinks you look like a streamer we watch." a brunette laughed. Mark looked at all of them and debated weither to tell them or not.

He decided to play it off, altering his voice a little bit, "oh that's fine. I've gotten that before, but no. The name's Josh." he rubbed the back of his neck and laughed nervously.

"Okay, sorry for bothering you! We'll be leaving you alone now." The black haired one waved and pulled the rest back to their table. Mark let out a sigh of relief as they sat back down.

"He doesn't even live in Florida, dumbass!" they scolded the blonde one. She promptly groaned, putting a hand over her face in embarrassment.