ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25. ꜱʜᴇʟᴛᴇʀ

art by milliefobi on Twitter

Tw: mention of panic attacks, descriptive

Mark's POV

Mark could feel his head getting light as he looked at the tweet. Mark tried so hard to never give away where he was, he never took off his glasses when he went outside, he kept his mask on even inside the cafe, he stayed away from huge crowds, he has so many precautions.

He made sure not to let Ophelia worry, silently grabbing her phone and shutting it off completely.

Tw starts:

Mark's heart started to race, and he swiftly made his way to his bathroom. He bent over the sink, trying to steady himself. The world around him started to spin while his head rang. It felt as if he was being chased by a killer, a huge terror filling his entire body. Mark leaned back onto the wall as his legs went numb.

"Mark? What's going on?" Ophelia called from his room. He could hear her slowly make her way to the bathroom.

"I- it's fine, just remembered to put on skin care stuff before bed..." he mumbled. His eyes went in and out of focus, making his crushing headache worse.

"Alright, do you want me to continue the video, or wait for you?" she asked.

"You can con-continue it, I don't want t-to make you wait." he replied, voice shaking. His lip quivered as tears started falling down his face.

Mark grabbed onto his shirt, near his heart. He couldn't calm himself down, no matter how hard He tried. He felt absolutely awful, a sickening feeling telling him to scream and run away.

He stood there for around 10 minutes, sobbing as his head pounded. He couldn't look at his face in the mirror, any sight would give him a huge feeling of dread.

Tw over:

Ophelia began to get worried at this point, hearing small muffled noises from the room. She got back up and walked over, feeling like something was really off.

"Ranboo, Mark- are you doing okay?" she knocked.

Mark sniffed and wiped his tears, only for them to fall back down. He was about to push her away again when the doorknob jiggled lightly and the door creaked open.

She slowly opened the door, her face droping as she saw his distraught and tear ridden face.
"Mark..?"

"Oh Ophelia, it's bad. So so bad." he ranted, pulling her close to him.

She grabbed a hold of his face, looking into him. "What's bad Mark?" she gave him a worried look.

His eyes clouded with tears again. "It's bad. It's really bad Ophelia." he sobbed.

"You need to tell me Mark." she started to cry too, her heart breaking seeing Mark so upset.

Mark lightly grabbed her hands and put them off his face. He hugged her tighter and held her head softly. She said nothing and wrapped her hands around him.

"It's bad, I don't want to tell you. Please don't make me- I don't want to hurt you more." he cried.

Ophelia nodded lightly, wiping her face. "Okay, okay. Calm down Mark. It's alright, I'm here." she slowly rubbed his back, "I won't let anything happen, but you need to calm down." she whispered, trying her best to not make it worse.