ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 27. ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ

POV: NONE

"And now I'm going to slowly bridge over to the portal.. and NOT fall into the lava. n-no that is not how you bridge! wha- you- WHATT" Clay tried his best to direct Mark over to the nether portal.

Mark's attention flew to the front door as he heard it open and shut with a slam. While Mark turned his head to look out the window in Dream's office, his hands brushed against the keyboard and knocked the character into the lava.

"Oh shit!! Why'd you-?" Clay turned to Mark, but he already was already out the room, sprinting to the door.

Clay coughed and steadied himself, "um sorry I gotta go piss brb!" He muted himself before following Mark outside.

He got there just in time, seeing Ophelia pull her car out of the driveway as Mark ran out the door. Mark came to a halt and stared as Ophelia drove away.

"Clay," He said while turning to face Clay, "She was crying." Worry painted his face as he rushed back inside to grab his keys.

Clay stopped Mark before he could get inside, grabbing onto his arm. "Hold on for a second, what if she just looked like she was crying. She could've just been excited to go somewhere, or felt rushed."

"Oh she sure was rushed. Rushed enough to tell me to "fuck off" as she pulled out" Mark said sarcastically.

Mark yanked his hand free from Clay's grip and went inside, grabbing his phone and keys before heading for the entrance again. Clay followed him, abruptly ending stream and grabbing a pack of fruit snacks (don't ask me why).

Clay walked with Mark to his car, hoping into the drivers seat. "At least let me drive, can't have some teen driving around looking for his girlfriend like a lost cat." Mark rolled his eyes and agreed, sliding into the passengers seat.

Clay sent a quick text to Nick, who was currently playing smash bros with Gracie, and drove off.

Mark sat on his phone impatiently, bouncing his leg and looking up constantly. "Mark, calm the fuck down. Take a nap or something, just pleasee stop whatever the hell you're doing rn."

And so Mark did, he rested his head on the window and closed his eyes, falling asleep to the rumbling of the car and the soft noises of the radio.

POV: MARK/RANBOO

When Mark woke up, it was pitch black out and they were parked outside a gas station. Clay entered the car, a small bag wrapped around his palm. "Why would Ophelia be at a quik trip??" He asked tiredly, his voice still raspy from sleep.

"Oh I know that." Clay tossed a candy bag onto Mark's lap. Gummy worms. Mark raised an eyebrow and opened the bag, hungry.

"We are currently in the middle of a small town in Georgia." Mark spat out the sweets.

"WHAT?!!" He shouted wildly, "You're messing with me!" Clay nodded wildly and broke out wheezing. Mark rolled his eyes and scoffed, slapping his arm roughly. "That's not funny- I almost called the cops."

"Ehe-huh a," Clay tried to catch his breath, "it was so funny! Your fuckin face was hilarious!!" Mark had to admit, it was a tad bit funny.

Mark glared at him, "but where are we, actually?" Clay instantly became nervous, his smile dropping.

"We are currently... 2 miles away from my house."

"Wait what? I thought- but Ophie??" Mark looked as if Clay just told him pigs could fly with the look he gave Clay.

"You and Ophie need to clear your heads. You chasing after her won't do anything. Trust me." Clay looked at Mark through the mirror as he pulled out of the gas station.

"But what if she needed me? What if she'll hate me for not going after her??" Mark stressed.

"Mark, I don't think she wanted you to follow her. Didn't you say she told you to "fuck off" before she drove off?" Clay let them sit in silence for a bit while Mark tried to think of what to say back. "Listen, I know you care for her, but sometimes people have to deal with things alone."

Oh Clay, so right. Yet soooo wrong

"Fine. Lets go back to your place. But I'm still gonna text her and see if she's ok." Mark slouched back in his car seat, suddenly really wanting to get out of the cramped car.

Clay only nodded, happy Mark understood his point.

OPHELIA <3!!

hey ophie
just letting you know, im
always here 4 u

call me when youre ready

ily

(Read by OPHELIA <3!!)

...

SMALL CHAPTER, BUT I REALLY JUST WANTED TO GET IT DONE

ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE THE LAST UPDATE :( IM SO SORRYYY

SCHOOL STARTED AND EVERYTHING GOT KINDA HECTIC, BUT IM HERE NOW :D

ANYWAYS, HAVE A GREAT DAY/AFTERNOON/EVENING/NIGHT

BYEBYE!!