14 | I've Never Burnt Anyone Before

08.09.2021 ❤️

Jungkook decides to take another day off.
"Listen to me carefully. I know that what happened yesterday…"
"I mean... You… I mean… Whatever I said."
"For what happened in the house yesterday, I want to say-"
"Park Jimin!"

He turns away from the mirror, mumbling to himself "This is so tough." He has been practicing to apologise but it's just not easy.

He shakes his head and then he gives himself a pep talk.
"It's not that hard."
"Slowly. Calm down. I only have to say sorry. It's very easy." He takes a deep breath.

He's interrupted by a knock. "Jungkook are you not planning to help me?" He follows Namjoon to the study. He's helping Namjoon with some files but is very nervous. He stares at the doors, his eyes flickers every time he hears motion.

"Hyung, tell that boy you'll cut his salary if he continues to arrive so late!" To this, Namjoon replies that Jimin has asked for the day off today.

"What?" It sounds too invested, even to him. "I mean, why does he need a day off? I mean does he get a salary for working or f-for taking h-holidays?" Great. He's stuttering now!!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Jungkook dials the number but cuts the call thinking Jimin wouldn't pick up. He takes someone else's mobile from the house-help and dials Jimin's number.

"Hello?... Hello?" Jimin cuts the call when no one replies.

"It's not tough... I just have to say sorry" Jungkook again talks to himself but couldn't bring himself to speak a word when Jimin picked up the call.

Jimin was done with the prank calls "If you don't want to talk then why are you calling?"
"Your fingers might be tickling, but you're wasting my time."
"Either you're shy, or you're nervous."
"Don't you have anything to do apart from harassing others?"
"Don't you have 'single man' in your household?" And he cuts the call huffing.

"Park Jimin! Why did he have to take today off when I wanted to talk to him? And he cut my call too."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Who is it Jimin?"
"Don't know Hyung... but someone is just calling and not saying a word..."
"Forget about it... let's go to that mall" Jin says dragging Jimin to a mall in front of them. They both enjoy the day, eating ice-cream, and looking around because they can't spend too much money unnecessarily.

At 5 PM, when they were returning home, Jimin sees Jungkook outside his door. He halts and Jin looks at him confused then follows his gaze. "Who is it Jimin" he asks and Jungkook hears it too.

He moves forward to stand in front of them "I'm Jeon Jungkook. Can you go with me somewhere?" He tells Jin and asks Jimin.

"Ohh... so you are his boss. Don't think we are middle class so you can say anything to him. I'm not going to tolerate your misbehav---" Jimin stops Jin's rap placing a hand on his mouth.

Jungkook was staring at both of them. "What do you want now? I don't want to hear anything-" Jungkook grabs his hand and Jimin stops mid-sentence.

"Yahhh leave his hand..." Jin makes him let go of Jimin. "Come inside and then talk like a normal person" He says going inside his house, Jimin and Jungkook following.

"Can we go in your r-room" Jungkook asks nervous again. "Ohh-hoyee leave my baby alone... He's innocent for all that stuff" Jin says patting Jimin's head like a baby and keeping him in his arms.