5

This was her first night at the Oberoi mansion, Annika felt restless, she couldn't sleep. She decided to walk around a bit to tire herself out. She reached the pool area and found Shivaay sitting by the pool, his feet in the water.

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S ]

A: hey

S: oh hey, not feeling sleepy yet?

A: no, what about you?

S: it's our routine, my brothers and I sit here every night, we try to, and just talk. OmRu left a few minutes ago.

A: Ohh, sounds nice. Your would be fiance is pretty

S: hm? Oh Kiara yeah, she is, she's also a very good lawyer

A: I bet she is. Your siblings don't seem to know about your other side at all!

S: What side?

A: the side I skipped from our "meet-cute"

S: Are you planning to blackmail me with that? Let me just tell you, that won't work

A(in her mind): oh my god, seriously!!

A: What is wrong with you? Did you fall and hurt your head or something? Why would I blackmail you?

S: You tell me. Otherwise why would you mention it and why would you skip it in the first place? You could have told my siblings the whole story but no you wanted to hold that against me, didn't you?

A: You are so twisted. Why would I tell your siblings such personal details when I barely know them?

S: You told them about your dating adventures, didn't you? Highly unprofessional by the way

A: That's different okay. That story did not involve their freaking brother. You are so different from that first meeting. You know what, I'm glad we didn't kiss that night.

She stormed off from there.

S(in his mind): what just happened? Why did she have to mention that night when she had a boyfriend? What kind of a person tells their boyfriend I love you and then comes and talks about an almost kiss from a year ago.

Flashback:

After dinner, Shivaay headed towards his room. As he passed by Annika's room, her door was open. He overheard her talking to a guy on call.

A: You know I love you more than anything. I miss you so much.

He assumed she was talking to her boyfriend and went ahead.

End of Flashback

Annika reached her room and paced around. The fact that her room was so close to his, did not help. She wanted to put as much distance between them as possible.

A(in her mind): what the hell. How can he say such things? This guy neither has any manners nor any sense. Why on earth would I blackmail him? What will I get out of doing that? What is his problem if I spend some time with his siblings? Fine then, I'll be a professional now, I won't talk to anyone except Jhanvi aunty, it's his house, let him be happy. I'll do my job and go back.