24

[Shivaay - S, Annika - A]

The Oberoi elders along with Shivaay were seated in the front row at the award function. Shivaay looked as handsome as ever.

S (in his mind): I know my brothers are watching this live at home. I wish Annika was here too. She must be at the airport right now.

Finally the moment they had been waiting for, arrived. Shivaay was announced the winner. His phone beeped as he got up to go to the stage. It was a message from her.

A (over text): Congratulations my love. Look near the exit when you get on the stage

Shivaay got on the stage and accepted his award. His eyes scanned the hall for the exit. There she was, standing by the door, smiling at him. His lips automatically turned up. He thanked the committee and gave a brief speech. The room thundered with applause. Just as he got down the stage, she exited the venue.

A while later he texted her

S (over text): Did you catch your flight? I hope you didn't miss it because of me. Thanks a lot for coming over.

A (over text): Yes, I just boarded. It was a close call, I ran across the airport, thank goodness i wasn't wearing heels. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I love you

S (over text): I love you too. I miss you already

Annika and Shivaay got in the routine of texting regularly and video calling each night. But as they expected, long distance was hard. Sometimes they would miss out their calling window.

A month passed like this. Exchanging texts and calling each other. They tried their best to match their schedules.

*******

On video call

A: Shivaay, I think this sauce is too thin. Just see I'll zoom in

S: Add a little more cream to it Annika. What inspired you to cook tonight?

A: These morons challenged me.

She turned her phone around to show Oliver and Conner sitting together on the couch

A: And now they are sitting cozily on the couch. Conner be a sweetheart and set the table please

S: Annika, the sauce has come to a boil, add the pasta now

A: Yes boss

S: I have a kinky come back but you've got company

Oliver: You are free to say that out loud shivaay, we won't judge

S: Buzz off Oliver, go help Conner.

Over the last month Shivaay and Oliver had also gotten to know each other. Oliver was super protective of Annika. He would constantly test Shivaay to see his reactions. But living with Rudra and his constant jabs had trained shivaay well. He knew how to handle Oliver. Their friendship was at the stage where neither missed an opportunity to joke at the other's expense.

Oliver and Conner's relationship was also going strong.

S: Looks good Annika

A: tastes good too, i wish you were here

********

On video call

A: Shivaay, I .. (sneezes) think we should (sneezes again) take a trip together (sneezes again)