26

S: Umm Mr Trivedi you know my grandfather?

MrTrivedi: You're the spitting image of your grandfather Prithiviraj singh oberoi. He had the same poise, same business acumen and the same eyes. I worked with him when we were younger. He was a dear friend. How's your grandmother?

S: She's good, she has never mentioned you though

MrTrivedi: We lost contact a long time ago. We moved to delhi when Prithvi moved to mumbai

A: Daadu, why didn't you mention this when I went to stay at his house. I could have spoken to daadi about this

MrTrivedi: I didn't think it was the same family. It all came back when i looked at shivaay. Annika, why don't you show him the house

Annika gave shivaay a tour of the house and brought him to her room at last. Shivaay went closer to the wall to look at the framed pictures.

S: You two look so cute in these uniforms. Oliver was a chubby little thing

A: And look at him now, puberty hit him hard

Oliver: Missing me sweetheart

A: Oh I'm absolutely obsessed with you (sarcasm dripping all over). Where's Conner?

Oliver: With daadu. Shivaay, come I'll show you some more pictures from our childhood, Annie's pimple phase

A: Oliver you dog, don't you dare

She ran behind Oliver in the entire house. Shivaay was feeling at home looking at the two. It was like Rudy and Prinku fighting

MrTrivedi: They're always like this. The house lightens up when they come here together

S: Mr Trivedi

MrTrivedi: You can call me daadu shivaay

S: Daadu if you don't mind me asking, why didn't you let Annika stay here?

MrTrivedi: Come take a walk with me

Shivaay followed Mr trivedi into the garden

MrTrivedi: After her daadi passed away, Annika spent all her time here. Initially we were so grief stricken that it helped to be together. But after that, Annika's behavior changed. She spent all her time looking after me. Everyday she had to commute 2 hours between work and home. And every minute that she was here, she kept herself busy. She got me a full body checkup, ensured I had all my meals in time, and took my medicines. She was exhausted, emotionally and physically. She had no life of her own. Oliver's work place was quite far so he didn't stay here, he would come every weekend. That is no way for any kid to live who's 23-24 years old. That's the age to enjoy, to live your life, make a career, fall in love. I couldn't stand in between her dreams. She was so scared to lose me that she was losing herself. I had to kick her out. At first she threw a fit, which was a first. She's a very flexible person, she has learnt the hard way that nothing is here forever, so she tries to get the best out of every situation. She made me promise to look after myself. She takes daily updates from the staff, she's bossy like her daadi.

Shivaay's eyes had brimmed with unshed tears. His heart was overflowing with love for her

MrTrivedi: She must really love you, you're the first person she has ever brought here. I haven't met any of her friends or boyfriends before. Don't break her heart shivaay, she's my lifeline.