9

Everyone was seated at the dinner table except for one person.

Priyanka: Where's shivaay bhaiyya?

Tej: beta he had to leave for London urgently. A deal fell through so he was needed there. He took the jet to save time. He'll be back on Friday

Priyanka: okay dad

Annika didn't know why her heart sank. They were just friends, why did his absence affect her? It's not like they were very close. She shoved those thoughts aside and focused on her surprise for Vikram.

Pinky: Shakti ji, what happened? Why aren't you eating?

Shakti: Pinky, I have a splitting headache, I took the medicine also but nothing's changed. Usually ma would give me a head massage and it would go away but she's at an ashram right now.

A: Shakti uncle, if you don't mind, I can give you a head massage. My daadu loves it.

Shakti: No Annika it's fine

A: Uncle I insist, it's worth a shot.

She left her dinner and gave him a head massage. She ate only when Shakti said he felt better and ate something.

She was restless after dinner

A(in her mind): Stupid singh oberoi didn't even tell he was leaving, that too for London. I'm so bored now. First he got me used to watching TV with him every night and then he disappeared. I'll call ollie, i haven't even told him about my plan yet

A: Hey Ollie, i got news for you

Oliver: Me too Annie

A: Me first, I'm coming to London this weekend, I'll finally get to hug you

Oliver: umm about that, Annie I won't be in London this weekend, this entire month actually. I finally got a call from a gaming company, they are offering me a deal for the game i developed. I'm flying to US tomorrow

A: wow Ollie, why didn't you tell me earlier. I'm so happy for you, it's finally happening!

Oliver: I got a call this morning, you're the only person I've told. I'm so excited Annie, I've worked really hard on this game.

A: I'm proud of you Mr Oliver Hampton. Go and dazzle them.

Oliver: Yeah, you should catch up on your sleep now. Bye bestie.

The next day went by too fast for Annika, she was on call most of the time, making preparations for a special dinner date with Vikram, who by the way didn't have the slightest clue about her visit.

Thursday evening she landed and made her first stop to her grandfather's house. Later she went to her office and picked up the dress she wanted to give to priyanka and went back to her apartment.

[Annika - A, Vikram - V]

A (in her mind): Home sweet home. Finally I get to sleep in my bed. Reservations for tomorrow are confirmed, Vikram's gift will arrive in the morning. Everything is perfect right now.

Annika woke up completely refreshed and in an excellent mood. She cleaned her apartment and dressed up. She wrapped up Vikram's gift, it was a new macbook.