7

[Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru, Annika - A, Gauri - G]

The next morning, Mr and Mrs Verma showed up with Kiara. She greeted everyone with a namaste and touched Daadi's feet.

Pinky: welcomes Mr and Mrs Verma, I'll just send for Shivaay.

Soon all the elders were settled in the living room along with Shivaay and Kiara

MrVerma: Kalyani ji, we wanted to talk about Shivaay and Kiara's wedding.

Daadi: Shivaay puttar what have you and Kiara decided?

Kiara and Shivaay exchanged a smile and she signalled him to tell everyone

S: Daadi, we have spent a lot of time together and we think we're a good match. So it's a yes from both of us. But we do have a condition

MrVerma: What condition, Shivaay beta?

Kiara: Dad actually, it's my condition. Daadi, I'm very close to becoming the youngest name partner in my firm. And I need complete focus on my cases right now. The vote for the name partner is in 6 months. So I was hoping we could get married after that.

Pinky: 6 months is a lot Kiara beta, and no one is stopping you from working after marriage also

Kiara: I know pinky aunty, but I won't be able to give my complete attention to the wedding preparations with my cases.

Pinky: Ok beta, you are so close to achieving your dream, the wedding can wait. I'm okay with it. Mummyji what do you think

Daadi: Of course, we'll wait, it's not a problem. Kiara beta we'd like to do the Roka soon though.

Kiara: Sure daadi

Pinky: Ok then Verma ji, we'll start the preparations for the Roka. I'll call panditji.

By the end of the evening, the Roka was fixed to be done in 2 days.

The entire family was busy because of the ceremony. The house was beautifully decorated and the family members looked absolutely breathtaking. A huge pile of gifts was kept on the table.

Priyanka gave one of her anarkali suits to Annika so she could also join the ceremony.

Priyanka: Annika di, you know what Roka ceremony is?

A: No yaar Priyanka, my Daadi told me about some rituals but not this.

Priyanka: so, our family will give a red dupatta and some gifts to Kiara bhabhi to fix the alliance and similarly the Vermas will give some gifts to shivaay bhaiyya

A: ooh cool, gifts huh

Ru: come on girls let's go, it's time for #Shiara to be #Rokafied

Priyanka smacked his head and took Annika downstairs.

The ceremony was beautifully done. Everyone blessed and congratulated the couple. The twins got busy clicking pictures with #Shiara. Gauri also joined them.

Annika noticed a dangler stuck on her dupatta. On closer inspection, she realised it was from Kiara's Roka dupatta, which had broken off and got stuck on hers.