10

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru, Gauri - G]

They boarded the jet, her lack of luggage helped speed up the process. She just had her wallet with her ID and the dress she was taking for priyanka.

Shivaay could sense that she was troubled. Something had definitely happened, but he didn't know if it was his place to ask.

Once the flight took off, Annika excused herself and went to the washroom. It had been a few minutes and she was still not back.

S (in his mind): It's been 30 minutes, what is she doing in there? I hope she's okay. I should go check, it's been too long. What if she's sick and fainted in there?

Shivaay knocked on the door

S: Annika, are you okay? You've been in there for quite some time now. Do you need some help?

A: shivaay i'm fine, please I want to be alone for some time

S: Annika, you're scaring me, please open the door. I'm gonna stand here until you come out

She opened the door, her eyes red, cheeks tear strained, hair disheveled. She hugged him and cried some more. He didn't say anything, just gently stroked her back until she calmed down. She broke the hug soon.

S: what happened? Come here

He held her hand and took her to their recliner seats. Even though they were sitting in front of each other, he didn't let go of her hand. He gave her some water and tissues.

S: What's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?

A: Vikram cheated on me, the whole time

S: what?

A: I didn't notice anything, Shivaay. I thought I was smarter now, after Pierre, but I am the biggest fool. Why didn't I notice anything?

S: No Annika, you're not a fool. What exactly happened? How did you find out?

She narrated everything in between sobs.

A: I was at his apartment, decorating, he came in with a girl and they made out right on the doorway. It was awful, shivaay, awful. I never thought I'd have to go through this again. My love life is a joke. Who gets cheated on TWICE? I'm an idiot, I don't know how to judge people at all. I keep getting hurt. I'm obviously not good enough that my boyfriends need to go out looking. Do you think if I had been involved physically with him he wouldn't have cheated? I should have let him have his way, he wanted more but I wasn't ready. I wanted to take things slow, I didn't want to get physical with him.

S: Stop Annika, you're spiraling. Being faithful does not depend on whether or not you're physical. Sticking around someone just for physical satisfaction is toxic. He doesn't deserve you.

A: You know, I never felt that assurance with him, that I can be completely vulnerable around him. I didn't feel safe enough to have a physical relationship with him. I thought maybe over time, as our connection will get stronger, I'll be ready. And this drove him away, he was sleeping around with women.