19

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S]

Om: what's going on shivaay?

S: I can't stop thinking about her, Om, I see her everywhere, even in my dreams. Everything you said that day, I feel it.

Om: What do you mean shivaay?

S: I think I've fallen for her. I don't understand how, I... I don't even believe in love, but all those things are happening Om. I cried when she was sad, I'm happy when she is. I feel the pain when she gets hurt. I danced in the rain Om, I danced in the rain today for no reason and you know how much i hate getting wet in the rain.

Om: So Shivaay singh oberoi is in love huh

S: I can't believe it either, I feel.. I feel so liberated and happy and excited

Om: This is great Shivaay, you fell in love, that too before your wedding. Did you confess to Kiara yet?

S: Kiara? No Om, I've fallen for Annika

Om: Oh my maata!! Shivaay are you sure?

S: yes

Om: Okay, okay, that's great too. But how? When?

S: I don't know when I started developing feelings for her. But after I met her in London, everything changed.

Om: Shivaay, what happened in London? We also noticed your changed behavior after that trip

S: I had the best night of my life. It wasn't a date but it was the best I've ever had. I mean, Kiara and I have been going out together for months but I never felt this way.

Om: So have you told Annika?

S: NO! And I don't intend to!

Om: Why?

S: How will we ever make it work Om, we're so different. She's creative, I'm calculative. She's adventurous and spontaneous, I'm not, I will be the rock tying her down. She's super friendly, mixes so well with people. I'm arrogant, I don't even bother talking to people who are no use to me. She's messy, I'm detail oriented. We're not compatible. And on top of that, we live miles apart

Om: Shivaay, you see these as issues, from where i'm standing, i see two halves of one. Your intelligence and her creativity will do wonders together. You'll balance out her craziness, you'll have adventures together, you won't tie her down, you'll be her anchor to protect her from going too far. And you know you missed out on the most important things.

S: Like what?

Om: You're both essentially the same. You both care for others over yourselves. You're both ambitious and appreciate hard work. You take care of those around you. You know what happened when you were in London and she was here. Chote papa had a bad headache, Annika left her dinner, massaged his head until he felt better. She ate only after he had something.

S: Yeah, and she did this for a stranger. You remember when she broke up with Vikram. She was having an emotional breakdown but she remembered to get that dress for priyanka because she had promised her. She didn't want to waste her reservation so she treated her assistant. That's the kind of person she is, she does stuff for people even when she's not related to them. She's selfless. I wouldn't do that for anyone besides my family.

Om: But you did. You made that cake for her to cheer her up, you flew to Goa because it was her birthday. What did you think no one noticed? We all know you cannot be persuaded, especially by Rudra's jabs or pleads. Shivaay, your differences combined together will be your strength. I've seen how much you trust each other, the way you look at each other. She understands you better than you think. It's time you knew what else happened in Goa.

Flashback

It was their second day, they were chilling after a long, tiring volleyball match.

Om and Annika were sitting together

A: Zulfi, you have an amazing family. Each person fits in perfectly, like they were meant to be there. I wanted to ask something about shivaay if you don't mind?

Om: hm go ahead

AWho is his support system? I've seen you, rudy and prinku go to him whenever you're in trouble. Even your parents, Tej and Shakti uncle seem to be so relaxed and composed. I've never seen them worry over work. You guys have such a huge empire and I've never seen them worried. Everyday I get to hear Shivaay will handle this or Shivaay has already handled that. He's putting out fires all the time for everyone. But he's also a human being. I've seen him stressed out, I've heard him scream over the phone and then throw his phone in a fit of rage. Who does he vent to? Who does he share his burden with? Does he share that kind of bond with anyone who makes him feel safe? I know you guys have your bro time by the pool but I'm sure he doesn't tell everything to you guys also. He would rather protect you people than share all his worries. I hope he finds that safe space with Kiara. So he can start living for himself

Om was at a loss of words. This girl, who had barely known Shivaay for a few months, understood him so well.

Om: Shivaay has always been like this. He is the great wall of Shivaay, Rudy's superman

A: Mine too!

Om chuckled

Om: He has been protecting this family for a long time. It's like how Lord Shivaay took the venom and held it in his throat so the others didn't have to drink it. He takes up all the bad things upon himself. Daadi worries about this too. I don't think he shares anything with Kiara yet, I hope he does in the future. He's the one holding this family and this empire together. You're very observant, i must say.

End of flashback

Shivaay being surprised would be an understatement.

Om: She sees through you, she knows what you go through. You're perfect for each other.

S: But who knows how long this feeling will last. What if we end up fighting all the time? What if we end up hating each other? What is the guarantee we will be happy together?

Om: Can you guarantee you'll be happy with Kiara? Can I guarantee Gauri and I won't fight? That's not how it works, shivaay. Relationships don't work out magically, you have to put effort. You're thinking too much. So stop being a fool and tell her how you feel. My brother's in love!!!!

S: I'm in love. Om, what if she doesn't feel the same way? It's only been a few months since her breakup.

Om: You'll find that out only when you talk to her. This is a risk you'll have to take.

S: I need to talk to Kiara first

Om: Are you sure about that? Shouldn't you talk to Annika first?

S: No, Om. No matter what Annika says, I cannot do this to Kiara. She cannot be a backup option. If Annika refuses then I'll deal with that. But I'm not going to deceive Kiara in any way. She deserves better than being a fallback option for someone.

Om: I'm proud of you. See you do care about people who are not related to you by blood.

Omkara hugged his brother. Shivaay singh oberoi is in LOVE.

Hey guys i hope you like this chapter

Shivaay goes to meet Kiara and Annika soon.

This had been my plan for a while now, Shivaay would first tell Kiara, and only then think about confessing to Annika. Kudos to those of you who wanted the same thing. Kiara deserves to be treated with respect, all girls do.

Please vote and share your views in the comments