Chapter 11

After dropping Shivaay to office, Annika drived back to Goenka Villa. She smiled at Sandhya and went to her room and changed into comfortable black tee and yellow shorts.

She took out a book from the huge book shelf. "Pride and Prejudice", her favourite. Her trust on love deepens whenever she reads the story of Darcy and Elizabeth.

But, for the first time, she couldn't focus on it. All she could think is him, him and him. His eyes, his smile, his nose, his jaw, his stubble.

A smug smile appeared on her face unknowingly. Annika, what's happening to you? Why are you thinking about him so much? But, why not to think? He is her friend. But like this, Armaan is also her friend. Till date, she have never thought about him and nor about anyone else, then why Shivaay? Annika No, no, never, don't think about him. She commanded herself.

There was a knock at her door. She was trying to focus upon the book when a knock at the door disturbed her.

"Come in...".

It was Martha. She told her that the dinner is ready and her father is calling her.

"Dinner? I just now had lunch. Fuck, its 8. Was I thinking about him since last four hours?", she rolled her eyes. As to her surprise, she hasn't even read single paragraph on the page in front of me, the same page she had opened four hours back. Jo bhi kaho, today's day was an awesome one.

While having dinner, Annika was constantly smiling.

"Did someone propose you?", Abeer nudged his elbow on her arms making her come out of her thoughts.

"Are you Crazy? Kuch bhi?", says Annika in her defence.

"No, are you smiling as if you have found your Prince Charming?", Abeer teased.

"You always keep smiling like this. Do you keep on getting a new dream girl every second?", she grinned.

"Shut up both you! Have your dinner", Manish ordered them.

Annika and Abeer nodded and gave glares to each other

After dinner. Everyone leaves towards their rooms. Annika was now concentrating on the book, though her reading speed due to his thoughts got the speed of a turtle. She feels, as if something is missing from her hands. She moves her eyes from the book to her wrist. Her bracelet!

"My bracelet? Where did it go?"

She searches the entire room, the bathroom, the closet area, the dining area, the hall, the car but was not able to find it anywhere.

Tears brimmed her eyes. She picks her mother's photo and caresses it with her palms. A drop fell on the portrait.

"Sorry mumma. I'm too bad. I lost your last sign. Please come back mumma. Your chaand misses you a lot. Even papa feels bad at times.", she sobbed holding the picture.

*****

ShivOmRu were sitting beside pool and talking.

"So you said sorry to Annika didi?", Ru sipped the hot chocolate.

Shivaay nods.

"Really?", Om asked dis-believingly.

"Ya!", Shivaay replied smiling sheepishly. Not only Annika, he too is not able to focus on anything other than her, her and her.

"Are you hiding something?", Om asked skeptically.

"No Om, nothing like that.", he replied casually.

He had not informed OmRu about yesterday and today's events thinking that they would make fun of him stating that he likes Annika and he lost the race too. But yes, he actually does, he do likes her to an extent. But what's actually this feel is? What to name this feeling is the question which stops both of them to think further. Friendship, a major infatuation, lo..no not that according to them.