Chapter 45: Pre-Weds (i)

"Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life"

"Princess, what's all this?", Manish asked his bride to be daughter whose eyes were glued to the door as the staff was shifting the luggage into the car.

"Papa, I am counting on my bags. I need to make sure I don't miss any", Annika replies, her eyes still fixed to the door.

"Sir, we have kept Ma'am's luggage and now we just need to shift everyone's else", a house help told.

Manish's eyes widened as he stood up from the couch and Annika sat back on the same, "Since last fifteen minutes, you're just shifting her bags! How many are they?"

"Not much, just twenty three", Annika replied smiling on her phone.

"Twenty three? Princess you are just supposed to take the wedding outfits, not your casual luggage", Manish can't believe the fact that his daughter was taking so many bags.

"Papa, I have just taken the important stuffs. The blue bag has my Sangeet outfit, the small red one has the matching jewellery and sandals, the pink one has a stand by in case I don't like my jewellery, then the orange one has the Haldi outfit and the---"

"Okay okay okay! My bad that I asked. Shift then", Manish rolled his eyes.

*****

The destination for the wedding and the rituals was the Samode palace in Jaipur. It is built of at the foot of the Aravalli range of hills with a fortress-like setting. The interiors of the palace are composed in the ancient architectural style of Rajasthan: marble floors, intricately ornamented pillars, mosaic walls, with luxurious carpets, and decorated with old wall paintings. At the entrance gate of the palace is a unique piece of a large-sized treasure chest made of dark wood with marble settings and gleaming glass. The Sheesh Mahal (Hall of Mirrors) is located on the southern side of the palace. The palace is built on three levels with a patio on each floor. There is an old ruined fort above the palace from where a panoramic view of the valley could be seen.

"Shivaay, are we ready for this?", Annika asked Shivaay as they were standing with their hands entwined together at the entrance door of the palace

"I am", he replied reflecting the smile.

"Me too", she said and they they entered the area with a huge smile and happiness in their hearts which beats for each other.

 *****

Ganesh Pooja

According to Hindu Customs, the ceremony of Ganesh Pooja is the most necessary and auspicious occasions of all.

In this ceremony, the first wedding card is offered in front of the idols of Lord Ganesha before distributing to the other family and friends.

The Bride and the Bridegroom, along with their families invite Lord Ganesha and other deities to their wedding and pray them to keep away and remove all kinds of Badhas or obstacles for which he is known as Vighna Vinashak.