Chapter 46: Pre-Weds(ii)

Proof read not taken!

"Hey!", Shivaay looped his hands around Annika's waist while she was standing right in front of the mirror lost in her thoughts.

She became alert and came out of her trance. She was surprised to see him there, "What are you doing here Shivaay? And how did you enter inside?", she doubted the fact of she locked the door or not.

He hits his head with hers slightly, "Your habit of not licking the door as usual".

She smiled a bit, "Maybe"

He understood the low and tensed Annika inside her. He knew that something was wrong with her, "Annika", he made her turn around. He held his neck by both hus hands, "What's bothering you"

Listening to him, shw tried to avoid the fact and forcing a smile, "Nothing. I am good", she lied.

He smiled and wrapped his hands around her back, hugging her in his chest, "You know I can catch you lies. It's okay if you don't find me capable of sharing your thought", he tried to provoke her.

She hits his chest lightly, "You are capable that is why I am marrying you. Not a big issue at all. I am fine", she smiled and looked upto him.

"Even slightest of the things related yo you are my concern. Tell me what is it?", he asked again.

She came out of the hug. She leaned back against the dressing table, "I know I will sound like a fool but---but I don't like Henna", she closed her eyes firmly and then uttered the last sentence.

He looked closely at her. Is she for real. Generally, girls love Henna but his girl, she doesn't like it! But was it the only issue she was worried about. Seriously!

Hearing no reply, she opened her eyes and found him staring her, "What?"

He laughed, "Annika? Was this the only issue?"

"It is a big issue. I don't like the smell of Henna. People call it as the aroma of Henna but I, I call it a smell. I have just applied it only once in my life and that too when I was eight. At Chachu's wedding. That was the first and I thought would be the last one. But here I am today", she said.

"Don't worry", he smiled and pecked her lips before rushing outside.

She was astonished at his move but smiled later.

                                *****

Mehndi Ceremony

Mehndi, otherwise known as henna, is paste associated with positive spirits and good luck. It is usually held a day before the wedding as a way of wishing the bride good health and prosperity as she makes her journey on to marriage. It is organized by the Bride's family bringing together the female components of each side. Male relatives do join it.

The core significance of applying Mehndi is to utilise its natural medicinal herbal remedies, cooling the body and relieving the Bride of any stress before her big day.

Annika was dolled up in a beautiful crop top and knee length skirt for thr daym the ceremony was organised in the garden of the palace with a proper  seat swing for her. The seat was decorated with flowers, torans and colourful artefacts.

 The seat was decorated with flowers, torans and colourful artefacts