Chapter 13

"Distance gives you reason to love harder"

Shivaay and Annika were walking outside to the parking lot. The weather was pleasant and cold wing was passing by making her long hair dancing in its tune. She was looking elegant as the moon light touched her face.

As they made their way outside, both had certain desires to converse. Specially Annika. Afterall, it would be for the very last time she'll be meeting him before diverting her way back to New York. Once there, there would be no turning back. As they reach the lot, they stood facing each other.

"So?", he asked wanting her to continue further.

"So?"

"It was really good having you here", he told.

She smiled, "No actually it was good meeting your family.You are very lucky. You have everything and everyone that a man wishes for."

He smiled and thought,"Bas tum nhi ho"

"You too have everything.", he spoke, coming out of his thoughts.

She smiled and thought, "Just you are not there". Indeed it doesn't matter hiw much wealth, name or fame you have, if you don't get the love of your life, you'll always feel incomplete.

"I don't have my mumma beside me", she told.

He feels bad for her. Absence of parents is one of the worst pains of life. He takes her hand in his hands. He moves it words her chest area, towards her heart.

She felt confused at his subtle move. She trusts him but is not able to understand his move.

He keeps her right hand oh her heart area, "Never think that she is not beside you. Infact, she is in there", he pointed at her heart, "She is there for you, always"

She smiled whole-heartedly at his words. His words have a deep significance in her life. Sometimes, she thinks that he cares for her just like her father. This is the same thing what her father explained her since childhood. She nodded.

They were gazing each other, not willing to leave the eye-lock when the driver came, "Ma'am, the car is ready"

She turned to the driver before turning back to Shivaay, "Yaa, I should leave now", she told.

"Is it necessary to go?", he asked, absent-mindedly.

"What?", her eyes opened widely.

He came from to senses and tried to cover up, "I meant stay for some time more"

"Not now. I need to do some work as I reach home.", she gave a faint smile.

"Ya, Bye!", he passes a suppressed smile.

"Bye", she waved at him.

After this Annika moved towards the car and Shivaay started moving towards his house. Their backs were facing each other. Wind swept by and both of them turned around as if, it bought a message for them. Annika could feel her heart thumping loudly. She didn't want to go away. She wanted to stay here, with him, forever.

He was feeling different too, as if it was the very last they are being them. As of it was for the very last time they are meeting. His heart pounded at a high rate as he saw her looking at him. As their eyes met, they started moving towards each other or say, unknowingly, their feets moved them.

Forgetting the situation and the future, they came so close. Their noses brushed agaist each other before going past each other's head. They wrapped their arms around each. Both felt like leaving each other is not the right option. Both were out of there senses but wanted the moment to prolong.